What are the big weaknesses ?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Like I said, nothing's changed here.

We won 3/4 since getting pounded by the woeful Rams, and everyone here is acting like our season has long been done.

Do we have weaknesses? Yeah, of course, I won't be argueing with anything you guys are saying, but at least we've shown some HEART over the last month.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Boysboy;2444846 said:

We won 3/4 since getting pounded by the woeful Rams, and everyone here is acting like our season has long been done.

Do we have weaknesses? Yeah, of course, I won't be argueing with anything you guys are saying, but at least we've shown some HEART over the last month.

if you agree that we have weaknesses why they hell are you responding with other bull****? nobody cares.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
On Offense Id say it would have to be our run blocking for sure it got better the last two games but that was cause of kosier he is so solid when we run power to the right cause he pulls so well, but again he is out so we'll see if holland can be better than proctor. Our false starts kill us too.
On defense Id say just continue every week to be more aggresive, Newman is back and playing well and Henry will be solid every week.And keep getting more and more pressure on the QB every game,and their will be some happy zoners on here

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
joseephuss;2443051 said:
Consistent offensive line play.
They just make too many mistakes at times.

Average linebacker play.
I don't really consider Ware, Ellis or Spencer as linebackers. They are listed as outside linebackers, but to me the outside guys in the 3-4 are more like extra defensive linemen than line backers. It is almost a 5-2 alignment. I am talking about James and Thomas. They can be steady at times, but they are not game changers. I love the 4-3 defense, but I can't see Dallas running it. They struggle to put two good interior linebackers in this 3-4 system. How are they going to find a 3rd guy to fit into a 4-3 system? Unless they move Ware to MLB in a 4-3. Not happening mid-season. Anyway, the two interior linebackers are just okay and sometimes just okay can be a weakness.

Safeties
Do I really need to elaborate?

Special teams
The coverage guys and blockers on the return team just don't have the desire to make it work. Desire is bigger than anything else when it comes to covering a kick or blocking someone coming at you with a full head of steam. You have to want to do it. You have to be part crazy. Too many of the guys on Dallas special teams are not crazy.
I might consider Ware at MLB if we actually moved to 4-3

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
goshan;2445093 said:
Ware at MLB
Are you freaking kidding me?
No. I said I would consider it. I would much rather draft one and am making it a priority for next year. But with what we have right now he might fit best.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2445127 said:
No. I said I would consider it. I would much rather draft one and am making it a priority for next year. But with what we have right now he might fit best.
The most disruptive thing a defense can do is rush the passer. That would take perhaps the game's best pass rusher away from our defense.

Rational people wouldn't consider it.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2445143 said:
The most disruptive thing a defense can do is rush the passer. That would take perhaps the game's best pass rusher away from our defense.

Rational people wouldn't consider it.

who said a MLB can't rush the passer? He has all of the physical skills to be a monster at MLB. lol look I said originally I would rather draft one. It's not like we are gonna actually move to a 4-3 anyways.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Boysboy;2444846 said:

Should've bolded 'some' rather than 'heart'. Much more relevant, IMO.