What are the cap numbers for next season?

conner01

Reaction score
This was his EXACT post

"Over the CAP shows about 26 million for 2018 with current contracts in place and no changes"
Over the cap is the web site, not a statement we are over the cap
Confusing if you don’t know about the site I guess

coult44

Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. You are just mindlessly ranting and have no idea what you are talking about.

Haters gonna hate is a cop out !!! 23 years of ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS, when 80% of the NFL has at least been to those games is where you should really focus your attention!!! Jerrys way doesn't work, Stevens way doesn't t work, JG's way doesn't work, here's an idea, take a few teams who have had successful organizations (anyone but our favorites) for the last two decades and COPY the way they do things. Or, go purge their organization and bring in the people who will do it for you.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He said 26m UNDER the cap and it is closer to 30m with rollover

Then there are contracts that will get restructured - TSmith, TFred, Lee and re-done- Dez, Witten, ZMartin and some cuts- Hanna, Mayowa, OScan

All in DAL has 60m of cap space to work with
DLaw-15m
Hitchens-4m
Irving- 4m
Cooper-3m
FA DT- 8-10m

So bottom line......we can pretty much do what we want

Silverstar

Reaction score

With the cap going over 175 million, along with some key guys getting restructured...it looks that way.

DLaw and Irving are top priority in my book. Gotta have pressure on the QB folks.

Martin is getting at least (probably more) than what Zeitler got this year, which was a 5 year deal worth 60 million, along with a 12 million signing bonus and 31.5 million guaranteed.

Just getting those three players back next year would be great...and expensive!

Silverstar

Reaction score
Here's the 2018/19 Spotrac Dallas Cowboy free agency list...

Stephen Paea - DT 29yrs $2,000,000 UFA
Byron Bell - RT 28yrs $2,000,000 UFA
Jonathan Cooper - G 27yrs $2,000,000 UFA
Alfred Morris - RB 29yrs DAL $1,750,000 UFA
Kyle Wilber - OLB 28yrs DAL $1,625,000 UFA
DeMarcus Lawrence - DE 25yrs $1,376,663 UFA Market Value
L.P. Ladouceur - LS 36yrs $1,100,000 UFA
Brice Butler - WR 27yrs $1,100,000 UFA
Justin Durant - OLB 32yrs $1,080,000 UFA
Joe Looney - G 27yrs $837,500 UFA
Datone Jones - DE 27yrs $775,000 UFA
Bene Benwikere - CB 26yrs $690,000 UFA
Anthony Hitchens - ILB 25yrs $663,716 UFA

Keith Smith - FB 25yrs $645,000 RFA
David Irving - DT 24yrs $615,000 RFA
Zac Dysert - QB 27yrs $570,000 RFA

Brian Price - DT 23yrs $540,000 ERFA
Justin March - ILB 24yrs $540,000 ERFA
Trey Williams - RB 25yrs $540,000 ERFA
Rico Gathers - TE 23yrs $465,000 ERFA
Blake Jarwin - TE 23yrs $465,000 ERFA
Lewis Neal - DE 22yrs $465,000 ERFA

Cole Beasley - WR 28yrs $3,401,500 UFA
Benson Mayowa - DE 26yrs $2,750,000 UFA
James Hanna - TE 28yrs $2,750,000 UFA
Zack Martin - G 27yrs $2,241,950 UFA
Randy Gregory - OLB 25yrs $953,734 UFA
Chaz Green - G 25yrs $727,495 UFA
Damien Wilson - OLB 24yrs $686,579 UFA
Rod Smith - RB 25yrs $660,000 UFA
Geoff Swaim - TE 24yrs $583,684 UFA

Richard Ash - DT 25yrs $2 RFA

Duke Thomas - S 23yrs $510,000 ERFA

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score

If Jerry and Stephen identify a difference maker, this is a year that they can go after him. Unfortunately there really isn’t anything too interesting in the free agent class this year. Jimmy Graham will be available at TE, he would give us another nice weapon on offense. But all in all, I wouldn’t expect much activity. And we’re going to need money to resign the studs from the 2016 draft at some point soon.

diefree666

Reaction score
If Jerry and Stephen identify a difference maker, this is a year that they can go after him. Unfortunately there really isn’t anything too interesting in the free agent class this year. Jimmy Graham will be available at TE, he would give us another nice weapon on offense. But all in all, I wouldn’t expect much activity. And we’re going to need money to resign the studs from the 2016 draft at some point soon.
just the way our luck runs; the year we COULD buy a big time FA there ain't any worth the money.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate is a cop out !!! 23 years of ZERO CHAMPIONSHIPS, when 80% of the NFL has at least been to those games is where you should really focus your attention!!! Jerrys way doesn't work, Stevens way doesn't t work, JG's way doesn't work, here's an idea, take a few teams who have had successful organizations (anyone but our favorites) for the last two decades and COPY the way they do things. Or, go purge their organization and bring in the people who will do it for you.

Last year's team was championship caliber. Not Jerry's fault they lost to GB. Romo had a couple of shots with a really good team. Crayton dropped a sure TD and the Cowboys lost to NYG. Parcells' game plan against Seattle was pathetic and Romo botched a simple FG hold. Stuff happens. The Cowboys have had some good teams during that period. Just didn't get the ring. If a ring, and only a ring, is your measuring stick, well, then I wouldn't want you evaluating my performance at anything.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Keep Lawrence, Irving and Cooper
Get rid of Scandrick.
Get Martin locked up.

diefree666

Reaction score
Last year's team was championship caliber. Not Jerry's fault they lost to GB. Romo had a couple of shots with a really good team. Crayton dropped a sure TD and the Cowboys lost to NYG. Parcells' game plan against Seattle was pathetic and Romo botched a simple FG hold. Stuff happens. The Cowboys have had some good teams during that period. Just didn't get the ring. If a ring, and only a ring, is your measuring stick, well, then I wouldn't want you evaluating my performance at anything.
The Seattle game was one we would not have won even if Romo had been able to run it in for a TD. Our D had huge holes and Seattle was pretty much doing what it wanted. Even if we had held on in that game we would have gotten worked in the next one.

coult44

Reaction score

Being championship caliber does what? Makes you feel like you're almost a winner? Only half of a loser? Have you ever played a sport? Asking because I want to know if you're competitive. If you're not, it's probably best not to waste our time here. If you are, tell me if you are ever satisfied with second place? Third, fourth, Fifth??? The Cowboys never even get the chance to compete for second place. What are they doing if they are not trying to win? If being good means not even being in the top 7, then ok I guess you prove your point. It's not asking too much of the team you support, (unless you don't support), to compete for at least second place once every 25 years. Any GM with the record of our GM would've been fired at least 15 times by now in the past quarter century. Any coach that loses as min as ours does would've been fired at least 4 times in the last decade. I mean if wining at least a conference championship means anything.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL..........Jerry the GM. Looks like another year of restructuring just to get under the cap? Sad.

That means another year of certain posters claiming the cap is a myth and we could sign anyone we wanted. LOL
? He said 26M of cap space.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trust me ........ by this point, nobody expects you to know anything.
Some a of the rest of us can agree on.

Roy inadvertantly causing everyone else to find common ground in their disdain of his nonsense.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Its the best shape Dallas has been in on the cap in a long time. Usually going into next year Dallas is OVER the cap and restructuring is required to get us UNDER the cap.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't understand the question.

What does it matter? The organizational direction is not to spend money on free agents.

Are you just curious for other reasons?

robertfchew

Reaction score
I don't understand the question.

What does it matter? The organizational direction is not to spend money on free agents.

Are you just curious for other reasons?

When you botch 1st and 2nd round picks repeatedly then you are forced to pay free agents if you want a chance.