What are your expectations for our offensive line this year?

Creeper

Reaction score
I will go with Serviceable to Good. I am concerned about LG and C. But this is just a hunch. In reality, I have no idea what to expect from the OL this year.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I will go with Serviceable to Good. I am concerned about LG and C. But this is just a hunch. In reality, I have no idea what to expect from the OL this year.
Help me out here. Are you not concerned with the tackle position. Tryon hasn't played a full season in 4 or 5 years. The other tackle had hip surgery. I just hope the line can be close to average. I'm not sold on the crew they have now and where is the depth?Additionally,a quarterback coming off a severe injury. I'm concerned.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If I am to believe Tyron that this is the best he has felt in many years after finally getting surgery he has needed, then I think the chance of this OL being dominate is pretty good.

quickccc

Reaction score
Dominant

Great

Good

Serviceable

Subpar

Poor

Extreme regression

Servicable

i just do not expect a healthy OL. Smith whether neck or back, foot, etc. is gonna be automatic to have some ailments that will sideline him games, or perhaps the season.
Tick ..Tick ..Tick ..only a matter of time -

- And our Plan B options at OT are McKnight, raw rookie Josh Ball and 38 year old Ty Nsekhe..and worst of all (drum roll please..) Terrence Steele.

- If we observe Terrence Steele having his usual struggles in camp again as well as preseason, i'm for moving on without him before the season begins, and committing to another player.
Steele gave up 9 sacks (and who knows how many hurry-hits) and virtually struggled in every single game. I'm not committed that to my franchise QB.

- i predict Williams will win the LG role and i'm not sure if OL coach is even thinking about a LG battle with the way he handled the McGovern situation pre-OL injuries.

- i'm hoping Collins is at least in '19 form. Frankly i dunno how he is gonna perform under Joe Philibin vs Columbo.

- while i don't think Tyler Biadasz is near as strong as Fredrick was, and strength anchor will still have to observed (especially vs NTs) i'd like to see how he responses as leader of OL
and how he adjusts in game and rapport with Dak. Supposedly Tyler's deep snaps were not ideal to QBs such as Dalton.

- Though Zack is a future HOF, he is not playing his most dominant ball anymore, imo. He's still among the best, but not as individually dominant as in his prime.
But you can get away with age growth in interior at OG than you can outside on the edge.
It's only the durability issues that could grow and become an issue.

- who will be our backup center with Looney gone ? Only 7th rd draftee from Nebraska was noted to take center snaps in OTAs. i didn't hear of Marcus Henry, or neither of the Connors at center.
i think either Conners and McKnight will suffice at reserve OG; i'm not worried about that area with those three as i am with OT and center.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Neglected. Dak will be afraid to run for his life and stay in the pocket where he will be smothered for a loss because he can't read downfield.

I bet you root against Dak just to say you were right. That is the only way to read your posts. :facepalm:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I expect proper return on investment. So based on draft picks and salaries, that means Dominant. Anything else is a disappointment.

With the draft capitol we have in that line if healthy i completley agree..they need to be top 3 in the league.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Good to very good. They won't be dominant like they were four or five years ago with Fred gone and Tyron (and maybe even Martin) getting beat up and not as good as they were. But they should be good enough to have an excellent offense.

conner01

Reaction score
Just stay healthy, the rest will work itself out.
That’s the key
If healthy the oline will be very good
One bright spot from last year was getting valuable experience for young guys like knight, Biadasz, MCGovern and Steele
So unless we get over ran by injuries we have the depth to hand a few weeks of missing a guy

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
If I am to believe Tyron that this is the best he has felt in many years after finally getting surgery he has needed, then I think the chance of this OL being dominate is pretty good.
Thats what Im looking at,, 2020 shutdown allowed Tyron finally the opportunity to take care of a surgery that had been put off for a few seasons.
A healthy OL entering this season could put this OL at good to dominating by some point hopefully.
Its a group that has to be healthy if this team is going anywhere post season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the draft capitol we have in that line if healthy i completley agree..they need to be top 3 in the league.

The part that frustrates me the most are the failures in short yardage and goal line. Those are the most important downs in the game. And it’s where the Great Wall made their reputation and why they won Super Bowls. It’s galling to see this highly-regarded group regularly struggle when it matters most.