What are your favorite football venues where you have attended a game?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Texas stadium
Madison square garden (not football)
Cowboys stadium
Wrigley field (not football)

csirl

Reaction score
Seen NFL games in these venues:

Soldier Field (old stadium).
Veterans Stadium (old stadium).
Wembley, London (new version).
Wembley, London (old stadium).
Croke Park, Dublin.

Last 2 were preseaon games in 90s.

I like the new Wembley - good facilities, great atmosphere - more similar to a college game party atmosphere than the others.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I have been to new Cowboys stadium for a tour but not a game. Was nice. The only stadium I have been to a game in was tampa stadium. Really not a bad seat in the house. But hot. I went to the bucs and egirls game in November one year. It was the game mcnab had fluid iv at half time for dehydration and the bucs kicker tied the longest fg record. I was at the end by the posts he kicked it through. But we left at half time because it was so hot. My wife and I decided to leave and I told her we better not miss anything good. We walked in the door I turned the game on and they were lining up for the fg. Lol.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The Cotton Bowl and the Orange Bowl were classic stadiums.

I have seen pro games at the Orange Bowl, the new Dolphins stadium, the Big Sombrero (old Bucs), New Bucs stadium, Georgia Dome, Jacksonville, Texas Stadium, and AT&T. My faves are both the Cowboys stadiums...but the current Bucs stadium is cool. I love the endzone below the ship. Beer and bathrooms close by.

Favorite all time was Wrigley field.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Pro or College

I know some of you probably have a ton. You don't need to list 50
:laugh:

Mods. I'm sure Cowboy Stadium and/or Jerry World will be in there, but if this belongs in SportsZone, I get it.

Texas Stadium
Soldier Field
ATT Stadium for a preseason game

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fenway
Lambeau
Candlestick
Old Yankee Stadium
Wrigley
Rose Bowl

Those are favorites

Many were dumps like
RFK
Veterans
Superdome
Orange Bowl

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'd have to give it more time, but I think most of mine are college venues

LSU
Ohio ST
Clemson
Georgia
ECU
Auburn
UNC
Va Tech
Oklahoma

Pros
The old MileHigh was fun in Dever years ago
And although the stadium wasn't great, the memories at Texas Stadium n the 90s are some of the best ever
Carolina has a pretty cool stadium
Bengals too
oops
forgot the Cotton Bowl.
old and rickety, but lots a "character" and memories (only college for me though)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Texas Stadium / Cowboys Stadium...argh...then AT&T Sadjium...

Joe Robbie Stadium (Dolphins)
Riverfront Stadium (Bengals) Then it became Cynergy Field, then it became blown up dust....
Georgia Dome, 1992 the night Cowboys clinched the NFCE. Emmitt had 173 yards, and Deion fumbled and was on the sidelines throwing the Falcons benches.
The old Tampa Bay Stadium in 1990, Michael Irvin's 1st game back from his knee injury.

Alamo Dome, though it was a Spurs basketball game. Been to numerous ball parks for MLB baseball.

The Shoe ... THE Ohio State Buckeyes...though it was not a real game, it was one of their inter squad games / practice before the season started.
mid 70's.
So when I was getting both my achilles operated on at the OSU Medical center, 1976. Actually it was after and going through rehab. A student nurse was dating one of the players. The building I was in was a mile from the stadium. She got me in somehow to watch some of the practice. It was a closed practice to the public, no reporters or media. But some invites and family were allowed.
Can't remember the players name, but he never became a starter.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Favorites: Texas Stadium
The Houston Astrodome (the 8th wonder of the World - lol)
SFA Lumberjack Stadium

Least favorites: Kyle Field
AT&T Stadium
Alabama-Birmingham stadium

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Pro or College

I know some of you probably have a ton. You don't need to list 50
:laugh:

Mods. I'm sure Cowboy Stadium and/or Jerry World will be in there, but if this belongs in SportsZone, I get it.

IM judging the entire weekend, in addition to the stadium.
Seattle is great. Dont need to rent a car. Arrive at airport, take a short train for a couple bucks to downtown, walk to hotel with bag rolling for about a block. Its a GREAT city with tons to do. Game day, walk to the game, eat brunch and watch early games. Stadium atmosphere is as good as any Ive been to.

Chicago: GREAT city. Just amazing bars and restaurants to hit on Saturday. Stadium is decent, but the experience in Chicago is damn good for me.

New Orleans: No need to discuss Nawlins... its awesome. The Super Dome is a dump, but the atmosphere is kick arse. The board operators talk smack on the Cowboys comparing the two teams and cities. Its great. That place and Seattle are as loud as Ive ever heard.

SoFi in La. What can you say. The surrounding area sucks..... walking through the hood when you leave, but this is the Cadillac of opponent stadiums. Seriously.. outdoor bars outside of seating areas with couches. Inside it has a plexiglass looking ceiling that lets in natural light. Pretty much looks like all seats have amazing views. Just a killer venue.

Lambeau: Stinks. Overrated in my opinion. Nothing to do near stadium, sorry bleacher seats where a fat body takes all your space. Sorry, im down with history, but no thank you to Lambeau. It was cool to see as a historical venue, but it would likely need to be a playoff game for me to return. No Airport. Need to drive an hour or so from airport.... sucks.

AT&T: The place is clean enough to eat off the floor. Restrooms are as good as any stadium in the NFL. Tons of urinals and lines are short. Views are good all over. Tailgating is top notch (Im a little biased) and yea, it gets loud, despite what all those sitting on their couches say. Texas live right next door is an awesome place to hang to watch games the day before or after. Very pricey though. I still tear up almost every time the Cowboys Cheerleaders come on the field to AC/DC's Thunderstruck just prior to the game.

Notice how I never mentioned any snack bar. We always tailgate or eat and drink before the game. I RARELY ever buy a beer inside the stadiums. Drink before the game and save yourself the ridiculous money they charge for a beer. A hot dog is about the extent of what I will buy inside the venue.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
College. Always.

Sorry, but no pro football game ever compares to the famous college stadiums and fans.

College football is an experience.
Sadly, I care about as much about college football as I do WNBA.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
my very first Cowboys game was week 15 of the 91 season at the Vet. Loved it..... but we won. I was by myself so the crowd was "Gentle." lol
Went after the strike in 1987
It was the famous kneel down game
When buddy Ryan ran up the score.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
The Colts Lucas oil is the best I’ve been to. Only others ive been to are Bengals (avg), Titans (nice), and the poor Rams place in St. Louis. It was the worst BY FAR.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
3 Rivers Stadium was my only pro stadium I have been in mainly Pirate games but I did get to see a charity Cowboys-Steelers flag football game with the old SB teams their once. Sat on about the 50 behind the Cowboys bench.