What channel will you be watching the draft on?

felix360

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Neither. I'll be watching it live at Radio City Music Hall.

HEEYYYYY Thats not what the question asked. If u cant answer one of the choices dont answer at all. some of us have feelings you know!!!;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
felix360 said:
HEEYYYYY Thats not what the question asked. If u cant answer one of the choices dont answer at all. some of us have feelings you know!!!;)
I chose to plow a different field.

felix360

Reaction score
i'll watching on espn, no choice really, my cable company are a bunch of nutheads.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
I will ONLY pay for DirectTV during the football season for the NFL package, period. My time warner wipes the floor with DirectTV so for the rest of the year the box just sits dead atop my tv and my satallite dead atop my porch, with no usees whatsoever. I'll be watching on cable, aka ESPN.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I'll answer with a question...Day 1 or Day 2 ?

Day 1 I'll probably watch it at my GF's house...She gets both channels on her cable. At home I have Cable (with no NFL channel) and DirectTV (with NFL channel) with a manual A/B switch....too much hassle to switch back and forth.

Day 2....Burp...what was the question again ? I have to drive a buddy to the airport on day 2.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I have been to the draft 3 different years and I'm really not sure what all the hype is about. The 1st time I was excited as heck and it was great for the first 3 hours or until all the players that were invited were gone then it died down. About another 3 hours in and your wondering why the heck you went. There is nothing to do after the first round but sit and chat with some drunk Jets fan or banter the ESPN crew.

If you could go for the first 2 or 3 hours then scoot back home and catch the rest of it on TV that would be ideal. There are very few people I have talked to that prefer the draft live then watching it on TV.

I encourage everyone to try it once it's not like it's something you will always get to do but I just think it's over rated.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jarv said:
I'll answer with a question...Day 1 or Day 2 ?

Day 1 I'll probably watch it at my GF's house...She gets both channels on her cable. At home I have Cable (with no NFL channel) and DirectTV (with NFL channel) with a manual A/B switch....too much hassle to switch back and forth.

Day 2....Burp...what was the question again ? I have to drive a buddy to the airport on day 2.
Not before you help me scream about some draft picks.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends said:
I have been to the draft 3 different years and I'm really not sure what all the hype is about. The 1st time I was excited as heck and it was great for the first 3 hours or until all the players that were invited were gone then it died down. About another 3 hours in and your wondering why the heck you went. There is nothing to do after the first round but sit and chat with some drunk Jets fan or banter the ESPN crew.

If you could go for the first 2 or 3 hours then scoot back home and catch the rest of it on TV that would be ideal. There are very few people I have talked to that prefer the draft live then watching it on TV.

I encourage everyone to try it once it's not like it's something you will always get to do but I just think it's over rated.

Rut Rooo

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Is Jimmy Johnson on ESPN this year? Probably not seeing as how he is committed to Fox now, but I really loved his commentary that one year a few seaons back. Seemed to know a lot more than Mel Kiper and the other draft gurus, even though he had probably done about a fifth of the research they did.

You old aunt mable knows more about the draft the Del Kupper.

SDogo

Reaction score
Jarv said:

Some people may really enjoy it.

For the hard core draft geek that likes to spread out his/her draft materials and notes over 3/4 of the living room, lounge around in there underwear, consume unlimited amounts of high fat foot and beverages, analyze every pick and follow along with their draft or value board it's not the most ideal situation.

For the guy looking to consume a few beverages, take part a semi-party like atmosphere and lightly follow what's going on it's a great time.

31smackdown

Reaction score
I'll agree that going to the draft live is somewhat of overrated.. but it is an experience for the first round and a half. I'm debating wether or not I will go this year or not.. I'm still trying to figure out how they will have Radio City set up for this event.

I think the main problem is that you are limited to your seat for the most part and you can't really hear or see anything... in other words.. there is no show going on here.. it's a like watching a big business meeting.

At home you get to relax, maybe have a few friends over, maybe have some good food and a couple of beers.. which btw.. I don't think that you are allowed to drink at the draft.. which cuts down on the party atmosphere if you are going with friends.. you also get to hear the specualtion and analysis of the players from ESPN which is a great time filler.. and you can lay out all your draft stuff on a table instead of holding it in your lap. The time between picks starts to drag when you are there and there is only so much debating between players and trash talking with Giants fans you can do.

doomsday81

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Neither. I'll be watching it live at Radio City Music Hall.

I have to say that being at the draft live was one of the worst experiences of my life. In my opinion, the draft is made for TV. You get together with friends and get some food and drinks. When you're there live, you just sit there and do nothing most of the time. In my experience, it was about as boring as going to an NBA preseason game but hopefully it will be more fun for you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
I have to say that being at the draft live was one of the worst experiences of my life. In my opinion, the draft is made for TV. You get together with friends and get some food and drinks. When you're there live, you just sit there and do nothing most of the time. In my experience, it was about as boring as going to an NBA preseason game but hopefully it will be more fun for you.
Just going to New York will be fun for me.

I'll make this fun. The odds of me sitting quietly through anything aren't likely.

SDogo

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Just going to New York will be fun for me.

I'll make this fun. The odds of me sitting quietly through anything aren't likely.

1st time is always exciting. It will be a riot for a while. It's something you just have to get out of your system.:D

SDogo

Reaction score
31smackdown said:
I'll agree that going to the draft live is somewhat of overrated.. but it is an experience for the first round and a half. I'm debating wether or not I will go this year or not.. I'm still trying to figure out how they will have Radio City set up for this event.

I think the main problem is that you are limited to your seat for the most part and you can't really hear or see anything... in other words.. there is no show going on here.. it's a like watching a big business meeting.

At home you get to relax, maybe have a few friends over, maybe have some good food and a couple of beers.. which btw.. I don't think that you are allowed to drink at the draft.. which cuts down on the party atmosphere if you are going with friends.. you also get to hear the specualtion and analysis of the players from ESPN which is a great time filler.. and you can lay out all your draft stuff on a table instead of holding it in your lap. The time between picks starts to drag when you are there and there is only so much debating between players and trash talking with Giants fans you can do.

It's been 3 years for me. Last I time I went you could have some beverages. They may have changed the rule.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did NFL Network show it last year?
If so, who had the better coverage and least anti-Dallas bias.
I was in South Korea last year for my work during the draft and only had the internet for any news. And couldn't keep an eye on it. Seeing how it would have ben 2 AM there. Even though I was probably out running around town.
I'll probably channel hop between them.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
CowboysFan07 said:
Cox hasn't picked up the NFL Network here yet, so ESPN. Anyone know if its gonna be high-def or not?

Hey bro.

Doesn't your area have FIOS from Verizon? (TV Service through Fiber Optics?)