What coaches do during the off season

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
My guess is (real quick before I go back into offseason hibernation) is that Jason and Kellen are locked in a room somewhere trying to marry their styles...particularly considering this very well could be Jason's last hoorah....

hoooo aaaaa hooorah!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
What is your take? We always spent our off time dissecting our own film and looking for weaknesses. We also went to several camps and clinics. What do you think our staff does? Do you think Garrett is trying to learn new things? I'm sure they are doing the draft thing right now, but where do they go for new ideas? Not trying to be a smart butt, just wondering. It's not like he can go to the Belichek school of coaching.

Garrett is busy making flight and hotel arrangements to sporting events he plans to attend during the season. Just like he did last season.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
They go to the office every morning. Boot up the computer. Play Fortnight. Check social media. Play YouTube videos. And when Jerry comes around they open a spreadsheet and pretend they working hard.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Garrett teaches the university level courses titled :

The secrets of spitting and clapping rhythmically

How to keep your job even though you have no idea how to do it

The real benefit of teamwork: spreading the blame
How to keep your job even though you have no idea how to do it (and make millions doing it)..........he has a PHD in this subject.
he could go on tour after coaching and make a bundle teaching all the tricks of this.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What is your take? We always spent our off time dissecting our own film and looking for weaknesses. We also went to several camps and clinics. What do you think our staff does? Do you think Garrett is trying to learn new things? I'm sure they are doing the draft thing right now, but where do they go for new ideas? Not trying to be a smart butt, just wondering. It's not like he can go to the Belichek school of coaching.
well to be serious, I think it would vary from team to team , Hc to Hc.
Some will work harder or longer than others.
I think coaches that have been in position a long time, do less work than the new or recent coaches.
Belichek is probably not working as hard as he used to but still does more than others, and he has a good system and philosophy set up.

Garrett is one of the guys that have been hc for 9 years now ,and he has been removed from the offense, so aside from game planning
which no idea how involved he is there , he doesnt have a lot to do the way it is set up in Dallas.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
After the season front office and Jason probably evaluated the staff then any firings then the coaches who are staying evaluated the players then the guys who are free agents they want to keep or make a run at then college players film then combine then pro days and visits they had the league meetings then more draft stuff then work outs begin and OTA then a short break usually like two weeks then training camp. That’s basically what I heard a coach say on NFL radio one day

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hangs out with Coach K and conference calls Saban.