Twitter: What did you guys think of the Hulk package?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Definitely the most interesting wishbone I've ever seen. That'll give DCs something to think about when game planning against us. I can see some other good combinations for our version of the bone.

Reactions: BAT

pansophy

Reaction score
Would be interesting to run that with Wilson as the QB / Runner since in principle he could also throw it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
We can't be the first ones to do this? Everyone is acting like they've never seen it, but I know someone had to think about athletic o-linemen in the wishbone right?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm thinking I want to see Collins or McGovern report as eligible and get some goal line carries or passes thrown their way.

Who wants to tackle La'el??

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Design a sweep with the Hulk package with a direct snap to Zeke or Pollard on a goal line...having the guards pull along with the two Hulks...would be an awesome display of power football...

Same thing, but snap it to Pollard.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Very creative and successful.
This formation could come in handy vs Tampa Bay or the Rams in the playoffs.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

McCarthy is an offensive savant.

I love the package.

Few teams have the beef up the middle to compete with our quality online depth, and run blocking is the best thing they do.

And all that beef up front clears out the secondary of both dbs and receivers, giving Lamb and Cooper more space to work in.

I wish he'd use it more. It would very quickly tire out the DTs, who can get the rotational rest they count on to remain fresh and effective.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Only issue is I wanted to see it more throught the game. Easiest way to get some 1 on 1 coverage on the outside.

Dak, Lamb, and Cooper can torch isolated man coverage. The Hulk Passage puts the defense in a real bind. If they double the wide outs they will get killed in the run game. If they don't double the wide outs they'll get killed in the passing game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We can't be the first ones to do this? Everyone is acting like they've never seen it, but I know someone had to think about athletic o-linemen in the wishbone right?

Maybe around 5 or 6 years ago the Bengals went very jumbo against us to great effect.