What did you think of Daniel "Dimes" Jones?

J12B

Reaction score
First off, way to early to be coining him "Dimes", but the ESPN announcer was already referring to him as that.

What did you think of him as a QB?

Dallas dline and linebackers really brought the pressure last night. Hit him and knocked him around regularly. Woods laid Jones out when he was "blocking." Even took it easy on him with the hit.

There was a couple of times where the camera was on him when he was on the sidelines and he looked straight up sad.

I don't think he will have the mental toughness to survive in this league, especially if he doesn't learn to protect the football. 8 or 9 fumbles lost already.

Wood

Reaction score
First off, way to early to be coining him "Dimes", but the ESPN announcer was already referring to him as that.

What did you think of him as a QB?

Dallas dline and linebackers really brought the pressure last night. Hit him and knocked him around regularly. Woods laid him out when Jones was "blocking." Even took it easy on him with the hit.

There was a couple of times where the camera was on him when he was on the sidelines and he looked straight up sad.

I don't think he will have the mental toughness to survive in this league, especially if he doesn't learn to protect the football. 8 or 9 fumbles lost already.

I think once he figures out how to protect ball he is going to be very good. His quick release and arm strength are things fans dream on. But if he doesn't fix the turnovers he will be Jameis Winston.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He is talented. He has a nice motion and throws with good accuracy. He was taking a beating last night.

Game is moving really fast for him right now and he is making poor decisions. Common for a rookie.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
He's actually not that bad. He can run that's for sure. Once he gets a good O-line that protects him along with better ball protection, he'll be a lot like Eli. Or he can be like Jameis Winston like Wood above said. We'll see which way he turns. Not too bad for a rookie in that situation though.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
nothing right yet. way to early. plus Eli and a few qbs proved you dont have to be good to win it all.

He might do well.

I remember a lot of Cowboy fans bemoaning RG3 and nothing came of it long term. A lot can happen.

GenoT

Reaction score
He looks like he has the goods.

Give him a season or two and see if NYG can put a team around him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he has a good enough arm and seems to have talent, but he's still in a bit over his head at this point. It may take another year or two for the Giants to really know if they have something.

Qcard

Reaction score
Daniel Jones is cross breed between former Commanders QB Patrick Ramsey and former Cowboy Anthony Wright.

He needs complete Love from coaching staff to succeed....

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
He looked pretty terrible last night. His first couple of games when he first started he looked much better. I'm guessing the turnovers have made him a little gun shy.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I think with the right coach and a good offseason of working on mechanics and watching film he can be decent. I don't know if he is a franchise Super Bowl winning QB.