What do we do about Gallup?

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
It’s become very obvious that we don’t need him to be successful. I hope we trade him in the offseason for a mid round pick honestly

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
With a contract, it's going to be tough getting guys like Turpin or Brooks more reps.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry: We really like what he's done for us, and I want to be uhhh hhhh ummm that we put emphasis on the kind of player he's been for us, uhhhhh hmmm we really value him as a cowboy

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not this again.
hamster-wheel-25.gif

coult44

Reaction score
It’s become very obvious that we don’t need him to be successful. I hope we trade him in the offseason for a mid round pick honestly
You take the 5-10 catches he’ll give you the rest of the season and then you move to Tolbert and Brooks next season.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
oops: he actually played more snaps this past game than the past three:

week 10: 37
week 11: 25
week 12: 18
week 13: 41

so, maybe dial it back again.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
I now see him as a situational player. I was his biggest fan for a minute, but know I see clearly that we need to give opportunites to others. With Seattle forcing us not to get chunk plays (zone coverage), Gallup was not going to see much action, and that's perfectly fine with me - we dont need to see a repeat of the Chargers game. But for teams that are taking more risks (non-zone coverage), we should see Gallup get more opportunities with vertical routes. Not comfortable with him with shallow crosses and the other shorter routes - let him eat on 9 routes and that's it.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Gallup is fine. Look at the Eagles and Devonta Smith. Kind of the same scenario. Brown is getting most of the targets, but Devonta will step up when the opportunity presents itself. I do not however like Gallup's contract.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
our medical staff has had issues getting players back to even 80% of their self from that type of injury. I have no faith in Diggs being any good next year