What do we do with Tavon Austin when he comes back?

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Look at how he was used in college. Look at how the Bears use Cohen. See if we can find a place for him, he may be a potential Beasley replacement next year if we can't pay Beasley.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Well....since we don't have a QB that can throw the deep ball...he basically is gonna be a decoy. Maybe use him for bubble screens. I don't trust him as a RB...that is for sure.:rolleyes:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Put Gallup & Austin on the outside and run Amari in the slot sometimes. Can you imagine Amari and Austin lined up next to each other with one going deep, Gallup would be open all day long, so will Beasley. And by the way, I'm proud of Jarwin & Schultz tonight, they were "dare I say" pretty dang good.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Hope Im wrong but I dont think Austin will be back this season. Best case maybe the playoffs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Use Tavon to spell Zeke for a break. Use him like how the Eagles use Sproles.
No
Tavon is no Sproles, and even further south of Cohen,, why are people placing Tavon in that comparison.. I don't get it.
Tavon is a one trick pony,, he is not a RB,, lol
He is what he is,, small WR with speed,, quit trying to make him an NFL worthy scat back.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Put Gallup & Austin on the outside and run Amari in the slot sometimes. Can you imagine Amari and Austin lined up next to each other with one going deep, Gallup would be open all day long, so will Beasley. And by the way, I'm proud of Jarwin & Schultz tonight, they were "dare I say" pretty dang good.
#'s 45&49 even got their obligatory "moment" o_O

fifaguy

Reaction score
probably put him in on punt returns so he can fair catch it instead of Beasley

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
If Beasley walks in FA, I suppose Tavon may pick up some snaps in his place next year. fwiw, I would rather keep Beasley. The Cooper trade simply made tavon an after thought.

conner01

Reaction score
Don't forget Cooper is a terrific slot receiver. No idea if he's up to speed to play that here yet, but perhaps.

I do hope that Austin's speed would be something we could utilize, if nothing else as a decoy. I can't say I have much confidence that Linehan will use him as such.
Cooper could play the slot and has lined up inside a few times but I put cooper where ever cooper wants to be
The way he’s playing I trust him over our OC