What do we have to do to get Braylon Edwards

dirt

Reaction score
Would love to have this guy on my team. The knock on him last year was that he dropped alot of easy passes and caught the tough ones but it was revealed at the end of the season that he had broken a finger in one of the early games and played through it.
This year he was the college equivalent of Terrell Owens--just physically overmatching college corners. He owns the U of M TD reception record; he is one of the 4 fastest players on the team, and he is a team leader who is very mature--unlike a previous UM wide receiver(David Terrell)
What I like most about him this year was the public support he gave the freshman QB Henne. Not once did he complain about not getting the ball enough or in the right spot. He talked Henne up through the growing pains of a freshman QB and is one of the main reasons that Henne progressed so rapidly.
His father keeps his feet grounded and he seems like an exceptional man as well as player.The problem is- he will probably be gone in the first 5-7 picks

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I know everyone likes this kid but i believe our first pick should be on the defensive side of the ball and i think the Giants game is evident of that. Now if he is there when we pick again then fine or even if we think about moving up with that second pick to acquire him but i like defense for the first pick.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
dirt said:
Would love to have this guy on my team. The knock on him last year was that he dropped alot of easy passes and caught the tough ones but it was revealed at the end of the season that he had broken a finger in one of the early games and played through it.
This year he was the college equivalent of Terrell Owens--just physically overmatching college corners. He owns the U of M TD reception record; he is one of the 4 fastest players on the team, and he is a team leader who is very mature--unlike a previous UM wide receiver(David Terrell)
What I like most about him this year was the public support he gave the freshman QB Henne. Not once did he complain about not getting the ball enough or in the right spot. He talked Henne up through the growing pains of a freshman QB and is one of the main reasons that Henne progressed so rapidly.
His father keeps his feet grounded and he seems like an exceptional man as well as player.The problem is- he will probably be gone in the first 5-7 picks

UM wide receivers make me leery.

mullet

Reaction score
junk said:
UM wide receivers make me leery.

Don't make any trade up to get Braylon. If he lasts to 11, then there might be a quandry.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ill take Mike Williams thank you very much.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
I'll take Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards first and PRAY that David Pollack lasts until we pick again at 20.

When do undergrad players have to declare again? That will have a lot to do with who we end up with at 11. Watch out for SD, by the way. They might very well jump ahead of us if MW or BE is still on the board. They want a WR really bad.

ghst187

Reaction score
I like Braylon a lot but I'd be pretty happy about getting Ahmad Brooks and Mark Clayton or Jamaal Brown also, all of which should be available when we pick both times.
I certainly won't be upset with a Braylon or Mike Williams pick at 11 though.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Can see Edwards being there at 11. Several defensive players I'd rather have there, but they are likely to go before that.