What do you think of Rashad Johnson?

dboyz

Reaction score
I don't get the chance to watch a lot of college football anymore, but I see Rashad Johnson is a fairly well rated safety, yet there hasn't been much talk about him that I've seen. He is intriguing to me because he seems like a good athlete who played in a good conference.

What are the thoughts on him?

rolldog

Reaction score
I think he'll end up being the best safety in this class. The big drawback is that he's too cerebral. I'll take that anytime!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
rolldog;2744182 said:
I think he'll end up being the best safety in this class. The big drawback is that he's too cerebral. I'll take that anytime!
that's cause he's small. I can see him being like Bob Sanders(often injured) but better against the pass instead of the run like Bob.

RS12

Reaction score
the scouts like him alot. Main strength DOESNT miss tackles, heady player. Interesting fact, you dont have to run as fast if you are in the right place.:cool:

MCowboys

Reaction score
Rampage;2744190 said:
that's cause he's small.

He is exactly the same size as Louis Delmas. Unlike Delmas, he dominated against much better competition and based on all I have seen and heard is better in coverage. He isn't as physical though. I still like him better than Delmas and Chung though

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
I would not be sad at all if we got him. Anyone that works their way up from walk-on to potential 2nd round pick has got my attention.

Tobal

Reaction score
I love him, Cowboys don't appear interested, but then the Bennet thing was kept quite.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
rolldog;2744182 said:
Agreed. Teams will regret they pass on this guy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2744190 said:
that's cause he's small. I can see him being like Bob Sanders(often injured) but better against the pass instead of the run like Bob.

he's as big as Louis Delmas

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Well, that anonymous scouts article said he bulked up for the combine and only played in the 180s in college. That's like Newman size.

That's awfully small, and he might have trouble keeping weight on during the season.

Just devil's advocate. You have to like a guy with his guts and smarts, but can he tackle Brandon Jacobs?

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I think Rashard has a shot to be the best safety in this draft, especially in coverage/intelligence.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
He was a better college player than Roman Haper, (former Bama safety) who was a second round pick of the Saints and is a pretty good player now for the Saints.

There's a lot to like about him. Saban said he knew his defense better than the defensive assistant coaches and almost as good as he (Saban) knows it.

If we are looking for football players he is one of them in this draft. His size is a negative and he was a walk on, but he is always around the ball. Last season, Gary Danielson called him the best safety in college football and said he reminded him of Reggie Nelson.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2744952 said:
Well, that anonymous scouts article said he bulked up for the combine and only played in the 180s in college. That's like Newman size.

That's awfully small, and he might have trouble keeping weight on during the season.

Just devil's advocate. You have to like a guy with his guts and smarts, but can he tackle Brandon Jacobs?

to be fair, Brandon will run over just about any safety

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2745014 said:
to be fair, Brandon will run over just about any safety

We could draft Tim Tebow next yr and move him to safety. His sheer awesomeness would cause Jacobs to just fall down at the LOS.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dbair1967;2745277 said:
We could draft Tim Tebow next yr and move him to safety. His sheer awesomeness would cause Jacobs to just fall down at the LOS.

I doubt teams would even bother showing up.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2745277 said:

Tebow just has to stomp his foot into the ground and make all the offensive players fall over

when he's on O, he parts defenses