What do you want to see in TC?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Please no....

More pass rushers please!!!

Look, I get the Gregory hate. I really do. I still like the guy because although his is 100% unreliable he has a likable quality to him. Also, he can really play. If you watched closely last year he was the best DL man we had in the second half. Constantly disruptive. If he had a full camp and stayed healthy he will get 10+ sacks.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Pollard looking like Devin Hester on returns....we need a return guy bad..

That would be nice, but really these days with the kickoffs being moved up, there essentially is no kick return game. The highest number of returns last year was 40, by several players, which is barely 2 a game. The best returners had 1 kickoff td.

The most punt returns was 33, again just 2 per game, and none of the top 6, yardage-wise, had any tds. In fact the top 10 returners had only 5 tds in a total of 257 returns, less than 2% returned back for a td.

Watching the games last year, very few punts were returnable, people complained about Beasley not being any good at them, but again watching the games by the time he got the ball in his hands there was no room to return them, he had to call a fair catch nearly every time.

Of course it's not all about tds, it's nice to have big yardage, but the best average was 14.1 yards, Beasley had 16 returns, one per game average, so few opportunities to return punts doesn't matter who's back there if he has 2-3 defenders right in front of him when he catches the ball, barring a Deion, who was an exceptional returner, team simply aren't getting big returns.

Returns aren't a big part of the NFL game anymore....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
More pass rushers please!!!

Look, I get the Gregory hate. I really do. I still like the guy because although his is 100% unreliable he has a likable quality to him. Also, he can really play. If you watched closely last year he was the best DL man we had in the second half. Constantly disruptive. If he had a full camp and stayed healthy he will get 10+ sacks.

No doubt when he's in there and healthy, he gets pressure. But he's "broken our hearts" too many times, I'm tired of the constant backsliding, just would rather have a lesser quality pass rusher who can stay on the field.

I like the guy too, he has his medical problem, have all the sympathy in the world for him, but we're talking about the Dallas Cowboys, not my cousin or such, his absence hurts the team more than his ability when he is in there....

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
All I care about during TC, is getting to see what the rooks look like, and everyone staying healthy, other than that,, nada.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
With TC 1 week away now, or report day anyway.

What do you want to see, and what are you looking for. We need something more to discuss than contracts, suspensions, if the or that player should be resigned.

I for one am looking forward to many interesting TC battles, though most will be for key back up and rotation positions and depth. Especially along the DL.

Can a S push to start over Heath. What about the slot position between Lewis and Brown, as well as the battle for the 5th CB slot. To me there are 3 or 4 good players there.

What rookie emerges to become a TC favorite. And will they just be TC chatter and not make it, or be for real. What pet cats emerge or fall off of your radar.

The WR position will also be very interesting as to which 3 WR's take the last 3, maybe 4 spots.
Will Rico show he should be the 4th TE again, or time to move on.

IDC about battles or rumors or whatever that doesnt involve the starters whoever they are playing and practicing so they are ready physically and mentally come week 1.

These guys need to be chemistry ready week one. Ready to hit the gas and ride for a super bowl run. They have the team to do it. They just need to be prepared. This is on the coaches and the FO.