What does this mean for Randy?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
7 years is a bit misleading since he’s been unavailable most of the games in 7 years
If you look at actual games played he’s avg about 5 sacks per season
Still not really impressive but he’s gonna get offers I think that will shock people because he is a pretty disruptive player
He just isn’t worth what I think he can get if he goes for the money

What's interesting is he finished this season with 6 sacks over 11 starts.......my point is 6-8 sacks may be his ceiling.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GregRa00.htm

HungryLion

Reaction score
Randy should come at a reasonable price. I don’t think teams are going to be lining up to sign him given his historical issues.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's going where weed is legal and abundant. The ganja has always been his #1 priority. Up until last season, Jerry Jones was the GM dumb enough to pay him. Now that he's got options, he is as good as gone.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think THEY think he will sign a home discount kind of deal since they worked with him where many would have went on after his problems.

Now whether that happens or not is another story.

Yea, Jerry hinted at this a few weeks ago........willing to bet a red penny what home discount means to them and his agent are two entirely different things. The fact they're even thinking discount tells me they think he can get more on the open market. Bottom line, I'm not confident at all about this getting done. He's waited 7 years for this chance and to think he leaving money on the table, I don't see it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7 years is a bit misleading since he’s been unavailable most of the games in 7 years
If you look at actual games played he’s avg about 5 sacks per season
Still not really impressive but he’s gonna get offers I think that will shock people because he is a pretty disruptive player
He just isn’t worth what I think he can get if he goes for the money
You're right, it is misleading, but at the same time it was his own lack of self-discipline that caused him to miss those games. In any case, you have no disagreement from me on any of this.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Around 50 games played and 16.5 sacks and 52 qb hits. 1 int. 8 forced fumbles. 19 tackles for loss..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time to move on, get a young player in here. We will have as much hope for a rookie as we will with Randy.

I won't complain if he stays for a team friendly deal, but that will still cost more than we all would want. So best to move on.

conner01

Reaction score
You're right, it is misleading, but at the same time it was his own lack of self-discipline that caused him to miss those games. In any case, you have no disagreement from me on any of this.
No doubt
He did it too himself and it could happen again. That’s why the only way I sign him is well below what I think he’s likely to get on the market
Sporttrac does contract projections and they are generally pretty close. They project him getting 11-12 mil
The risk reward at that price isn’t worth it
But around 6 with some reasonable incentives and protections in case it happens again I think is a safe way to go

conner01

Reaction score
What's interesting is he finished this season with 6 sacks over 11 starts.......my point is 6-8 sacks may be his ceiling.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GregRa00.htm
Probably right
He’s not gonna give you double digit sacks. But he is disruptive enough that he helps the team
The question is what’s he worth and what would you pay
If he hits the market he’s gonna get much more than some think. But to me he’s worth around 6 with some incentives
That cheap enough to take away some of the risks of signing him but enough to put some nice money in his pocket because most of what he’s made as a pro he never got by his own actions

32BellyOption

Reaction score
This is another backs against the wall scenario as we have nothing else if we release Dlaw. Golston and Basham will put us back in the Campo days folks…..

I agree. Not tagging Randy tells me they aren’t planning on releasing Tank too.

rambo2

Reaction score
Is Randy Gregory going to leave us?? I'm happy either way, give me your thoughts
It means that they will likely sign Randy and they are off to a good start in creating the roster which means they will likely repeat as division champion. We could have another awesome year going forward after the 12 and 5 season that we just had.

Praxit

Reaction score
..why is that Cowboy players always have a Banner year, final year of contract? Anomaly? Or Jerry's history of giving gold for 2 hr work of panning?

Sandyf

Reaction score
Cowboys said to be working to get deals done with Gallup, Kearse, Gregory and Wilson before March 14th.

GINeric

Reaction score
Sounds good to me, tell them to bring Russell here

Why would we bring Russell here when we already have a quarterback. This isn't Madden. You bring in people to fill in holes, not stack up positions thats already solidified. Smmfh...