What does Zeke need to do to stay on the roster in 2023?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
If he’s not adding explosiveness to the offense then I think he’s gone

He has to go well over a thousand yards while sharing carries with Pollard .

With our luck, he'll get hurt this year, so we won't get anything out of him. And we'll extend him.

plasticman

Reaction score
Around 1700 total yards of scrimmage, consistent in short yardage situations, and an average yards per carry that is similar to his best seasons

Looking at his total body of work:

27 RB's have 3000 or more yards rushing between 2016 and 2021.

Among this group, Zeke is ranked #1 in rushing yardage, #3 in receptions, #1 in total yards from scrimmage, #2 in total touchdowns, #3 in rushing TD's, #10 in average yards per carry, and he's a very good blocker for a RB.

Zeke will be 27 in about a month.

Zeke's greatest cap hit was in 2022. It declines during his last two seasons. He would be due 16.7 mil in 2023

Overall, we know it depends on Zeke's production this coming season. If he continues to slide in his numbers then he is gone. However, if his physicality is revitalized then he will play through his contract.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Zeke doesn't need to be kept just to block for #4...you can get a cheap FB or OL and have him do that for minimum. Zeke ain't worth his contract. Should be canned in 2023. But with this FO, you never know. They are about as stupid as two hicks from Arkansas pretending to be football men.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still haven't forgiven Nelson Cruz.

Me either. What a disappointment that was.

As for the 2010 WS.
Had a friend had season tickets, he had already scheduled to be out of town that week before the season started. And could not change his plans to attend the game.
So he was gong to sell me the 2 games for face value, about $900 I think it was.
Then he came into work and apologized, and I was ok with it and did not blame him. Said some doctor from SF wanted to buy them, and paid him $10K so he and his son could go.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With pass happy Moore, any RB will be lucky to get 1000 yards no matter who it is. Emmitt in his prime would have a tough time getting that.
As every run will be up the middle into a stacked box.