What ever happens, this Tony Romo Chapter ..

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
In Cowboy History will be very Significant. This is a moment that's just as important as Meredith replacing Eddie LeBaron, Morton - Meredith, Staubach - Morton, White-Staubach.....

One thing for sure we are going to know after the next 10 games what we have to get done in the offseason.....and for that I'm grateful.

I do hope Tony is the answer so we can begin fixing the OL... the right way.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Cbz40;1124251 said:
In Cowboy History will be very Significant. This is a moment that's just as important as Meredith replacing Eddie LeBaron, Morton - Meredith, Staubach - Morton, White-Staubach.....

One thing for sure we are going to know after the next 10 games what we have to get done in the offseason.....and for that I'm grateful.

Lets hope Romo is the answer, but we will not know for a long time.

Keep in mind, Q. Carter took us to the playoffs and he had more time to prepare.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124268 said:

Keep in mind, Q. Carter took us to the playoffs and he had more time to prepare.

And he might still be playing if it were not for the drugs that he couldn't put down. Sad indeed!

Let that be a lesson to all of the youth reading this board. Drugs ruin your life, your hopes and dreams can not live in a drug filled life!

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
By the way.....you can't assume that Romo will do a bonehead move like QC. I for one believe that this will be fun to watch....is it 8pm yet :D

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124268 said:

I really cannot see why so many despised Carter like they did. He was only in his second season, coming into his 3rd if I'm not mistaken, and had done better than the average rookie QB would have, with not many other options at WR or RB to help him. I believe he could have really done something with the talent that we have added since...Maybe we will take a shot at Quincy Carter round 2 next season...

:cool:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124268 said:

I think we will have a pretty good idea what Tony brings to the table after the next 10 games. There will be growing pains for sure and they must be taken into consideration in all is said and done.

Tony is intelligent, has leadership qualities, he is mobile, and he reads D's quickly. He has a good cast of wr's around him he simply needs to take care of the ball. NO dump tuenovers and he will be fine.

Be nice to have a good running game.....that would benefit him immencely.;)

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Cbz40;1124251 said:

I am looking forward to it my friend:)

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
jdub2k4;1124284 said:
I really cannot see why so many despised Carter like they did. He was only in his second season, coming into his 3rd if I'm not mistaken, and had done better than the average rookie QB would have, with not many other options at WR or RB to help him. I believe he could have really done something with the talent that we have added since...Maybe we will take a shot at Quincy Carter round 2 next season...

:cool:

I was never really down on Carter until I found out about his substance abuse. My opinion is that he not only let himself down, he let down everyone in the franchise.

On the feild, he never really did a bad job. He was just not someone that I thought would be the next Troy Aikman. At the time, I was hoping we were closer to be a superbowl team than we actually were. Looking back, we were a long way away. Looking back at what he had, I would have to say that he did an ok job of running a very simple offense.

I think this team now is more of a superbowl contender than when Quincy was with the boys. If he was given the starting position on this team today, I would be as angry.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Cbz40;1124288 said:
I think we will have a pretty good idea what Tony brings to the table after the next 10 games. There will be growing pains for sure and they must be taken into consideration in all is said and done.

Tony is intelligent, has leadership qualities, he is mobile, and he reads D's quickly. He has a good cast of wr's around him he simply needs to take care of the ball. NO dump tuenovers and he will be fine.

Be nice to have a good running game.....that would benefit him immencely.;)

I'm all for Tony being the long term solution. The problem is that if we have any growing pains, we have ruined this season. We dont have time for growing pains. The franchise / coaching staff did a horible job.

Actually, the running game had been doing ok. Unfortunately, the running game is likely to suffer the most by adding a new inexperienced qb. At least their stats will show that by the end of the season. I'm not predicting a whole lot of close games where our running game gets to take over in the 2nd half.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124309 said:
Actually, the running game had been doing ok. Unfortunately, the running game is likely to suffer the most by adding a new inexperienced qb. At least their stats will show that by the end of the season. I'm not predicting a whole lot of close games where our running game gets to take over in the 2nd half.
Romo spreads the ball around much better than Bledsoe. That spreads the defense out. I have to assume that will help the line in run-blocking and the RBs in running.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1124309 said:
I'm all for Tony being the long term solution. The problem is that if we have any growing pains, we have ruined this season. We dont have time for growing pains. The franchise / coaching staff did a horible job.

I have yet to see a young QB not have a few.....if he can keep them to a minimal we will be fine.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Cbz40;1124307 said:
I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time. ;)

Yup for the first time in awhile... I don't know what to expect at QB before I could tell you they would suck:)

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Cbz40;1124251 said:

For sure it's crucial and is why many of us were proponents of benching Drew after Jax if not Philly. I don't want to compare Romo to any former QB (good or bad) but we'll know if we need to draft a QB or not, that is for sure. :)

its been a LONG time since we had something to look forward at QB... almost a decade as Troy's game fell off after '96 and certainly he wasn't going to get better regardless how long his contract.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Zaxor;1124329 said:
Yup for the first time in awhile... I don't know what to expect at QB before I could tell you they would suck:)

:D Me too.... But I not as hopeful I guess, since I have to see Tony Follow his admissions of not turning the ball over. But this is lot more better than knowing Bledsoe will do that for sure.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ndanger;1124343 said:
You have the coolest sig. in this forum, by far!
I like the guy who's named says 49er hater somewhow, but I can't remember how it is spelled.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
JJ will begin to breakout. He's long overdue for that game where he just takes over. He will take the pressure off of Romo tonight and make the Panther D refocus their attention. This will open up the play action for some nice "spreading " of the love to Witten, TO, Crayton, and TG. I'm glad some are finally seeing what I have been saying all along. We no longer go into the draft not knowing where we're going to take a QB (if we even take one at all). Starting Romo is a win win situation period. Romo represents the future and the future is about to get much brighter in 9 hours.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1124359 said:
JJ will begin to breakout. He's long overdue for that game where he just takes over. He will take the pressure off of Romo tonight and make the Panther D refocus their attention. This will open up the play action for some nice "spreading " of the love to Witten, TO, Crayton, and TG. I'm glad some are finally seeing what I have been saying all along. We no longer go into the draft not knowing where we're going to take a QB (if we even take one at all). Starting Romo is a win win situation period. Romo represents the future and the future is about to get much brighter in 9 hours.

If JJ gets a 100 tonight.....we win.;)