What exactly does "make the players around you better" mean?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When Montana went to the Chiefs and they made the playoffs.
Brett Favre going to the Vikings and them reaching the NFC Championship.
Jay Cutler going to the Bears and them making the NFC Championship.
Kurt Warner going to the Cardinals and getting them to a Super Bowl.
Donovan McNabb going to the Commanders and ... Wait.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you can’t grasp how Elite talent elevates those around them then no words are going to explain.

How did any great player make their team better. Did Joe Montana help Jerry’s Rice talent ? No . But he certainly helped his stats and production. And together they were arguably a greater threat than if they’d of been separately.

Was Michael Jordan more effective and successful with Scottie Pippen? I could go on and on with examples how Elite talent compliment and raise the production and their success.

I’ve never known anyone who didn’t understand this?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Where did Williams go after Romo left?

Right out of the league.

And so far down that he couldn't cut it in the XFL.

Romo had that clown looking like a viable #2 receiver, rather than what he actually was, just #2.
agree he not only elevated Robinson, Austin, and Williams but Witten is going to the HOF off Romos arm, Dez had by far his best 3 year stretch with Romo, some would say one of the best 3year stretches with Yards and Tds then any élite WER ha sever had.. Out goes Romo and those other went elsewhere and did nothing..Dez and witten production went way down..

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah, I was discussing Roy earlier with a different poster. He said that was a guy Romo did not help (players lifting up others was this threads topic)
He was right, For whatever reason
It happens
My mistake then, thanks for the correction

JayFord

Reaction score
Some QBs have the innate ability to make any receiver look good by giving them multiple chances to catch balls or throwing to their strength

Tony Romo did it for years.....Terrence Williams, Dez Bryant, Laurent Robinson all had career years when romo was slinging it

when Romo wasnt slinging it there was a massive drop off in production