What expectations do you have for Jon Gruden

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Guy gets 10 year...100 million contract, I think all guaranteed, has been away from football for a long time, probably set in his old ways of coaching....what do you think he will accomplish in Oakland?

John813

Reaction score
It's tough. Dude has been away from the position for quite some time.
I'm sure the spark is back, but not sure how he'll be when he's 6 months into the season.

I don't have any Oakland friends but I would assume they are hoping for him to get the team the AFCW title at the very least and make some noise in the playoffs his first year. They were close two years ago before Carr broke his leg.

Aven8

Reaction score
Awesome actually. Guy is a tireless worker. And he knows football. People always want to discount him because he won a SB with Dungy's team, yet forget about the team he built that lost in that SB in Oakland. Would have loved to had him here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Unless he's learned a lot since then, I expect him to run the team into the ground chasing WR's and Offense.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
If Carr stays healthy, they will score a lot of points. I think Dez is going to become a Raider and have a good run with Carr.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He's really got no incentive to do a good job. He fleeced them.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys overrated and WAY overpaid.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Unless he's learned a lot since then, I expect him to run the team into the ground chasing WR's and Offense.
he may have already started doing this, he got rid of Carr's favorite target in Crabtree for Jordy Nelson.

csirl

Reaction score
I see him as a little underwhelming. A bit like Jimmy Johnson in Miami.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Guy gets 10 year...100 million contract, I think all guaranteed, has been away from football for a long time, probably set in his old ways of coaching....what do you think he will accomplish in Oakland?
Same thing he "accomplished" when Oakland hired him to his first head coaching gig in '98. In his 4yrs w/Oakland, he lead them to a 38-26 record. That included back to back playoff visits.

But then again. The past is the past & the Raiders have had only one playoff appearance since then in '16.o_O

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I see raiders bailing on him in 2 years eating 80 million. To regain hype they bring in new HC along with move to LV