What Happened In The Second Half?

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
hardcorebob;1667118 said:
ESPN is your friend, watch the highlights and prepare for your asskicking on 11-18-2007. It's going to be ugly.

History has shown that even when there is a large disparity between the teams, that isn't necessarily an indicator of who will always win. We went 4-2 against the 92, 93, and 95 Cowboy teams.

superpunk

Reaction score
What happened?

We showed the GD world who the NFC's best team was - that's what happened.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1667139 said:
Do you attribute that to tough camps and good cardio/strength conditioning? It seems like Washington went soft in the 2nd half.
Truthfully, attitude.

This team has a great attitude. There's no infighting. There's no finger pointing. They are having fun and doing what they do best. The coaching staff lets them play to their strengths. They're having fun.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
superpunk;1667153 said:
What happened?

We showed the GD world who the NFC's best team was - that's what happened.

But how? You have a new coach...that means there should be a period of adjustment...I am just baffled that the team improved so much in one year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1667157 said:
But how? You have a new coach...that means there should be a period of adjustment...I am just baffled that the team improved so much in one year.

Talent helps. :laugh2:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Sometimes a new coach comes in and no time is needed. BP came in and took a 5-11 team to 10-6. And there were some true dogs on that team.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Well, Jason Garrett's play calling is outstanding, Leonard Davis really helped fix the O-line and Wade's 3-4 is much more aggressive then Parcell's, plus with Bill's overbearing personality gone the players seem much more relaxed and having fun.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
But the team didn't improve just in one year, imo, they were pretty good last year as well, it was in work for 3, 4 years of getting right players. But with different coaching, different coaching philosophies, adding some good players and add another year of experience to young players are the reason why it appears so have gotten so much better this year.

superpunk

Reaction score

If you watched the Cowboys last year, you would understand that all we've done is take that next step.

Was it inevitable? Is it because of the coaching change?

Who knows?

The fact is, after 10 games last year, Dallas was the toast of the NFC. They had just beaten the eventual super bowl champs, and were ranked in the top 10 (and even top 5) on both sides of the ball before our players crapped the bed and folded like a cheap table. We were the most balanced team in the league, and then it went to pot.

We've been getting closer and closer to being this damn good for awhile. Now we've got a franchise QB, an opportunistic defense, studs at WR and a running game that won't quit. If people had been paying attention, absolutely they should have seen this coming. The writing was on the wall last season. Now we're just driving the point home.

the rest of the league can only hope that we fold it up again.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score

Your are right --Think how good we will be when we get adjusted :lmao:

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1667147 said:
History has shown that even when there is a large disparity between the teams, that isn't necessarily an indicator of who will always win. We went 4-2 against the 92, 93, and 95 Cowboy teams.

How true. Also the worst Dallas team in my lifetime (1989) managed to beat the Skins. You can throw the records out the window when it comes to games between our teams.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1667036 said:
What happened in the second half? I went to bed early and it was tied 3-3, had to get up at 5 today. Then I get up and hear the score was 34-10. What happened in the second half and how did the score get so damn lopsided? **** **** **** **** **** **** **** :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Sorry I'm just pissed off because I have to admit now that the Cowboys have shown they are a better overall team then the Commanders at this point.

No Portis on that last set of plays at the goal line. :eek:
I am AMAZED that you could sleep.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Our monster offensive line gradually wore down the Bears defense until they cracked, that's what happened.

If they keep improving, they may even become top-five like the Skins.

ndanger

Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1667054 said:
Whats most concerning is that we don't have a killer instinct...if we did we should have played the way we did the first half in the second half. Now every team we play will believe they can come back on us.
I would be more concerned about the coach who appears to be in the early stages of something.First and goal for the win and Portis is on the sideline with his butt draped over his throwback helmet watching Betts do an impersonation of Troy Hambrick.Are you kidding me ?

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
ndanger;1667559 said:
I would be more concerned about the coach who appears to be in the early stages of something.First and goal for the win and Portis is on the sideline with his butt draped over his throwback helmet watching Betts do an impersonation of Troy Hambrick.Are you kidding me ?

The early stages?

RomoIsBack

Reaction score
Hostile;1667107 said:
We are a 2nd half team. We wear teams down and then once we find the gas pedal we floor it.

Offense and Defense and Special Teams. All 3 played a virtually flawless 2nd half last night. On consecutive TD drives we went 91 and 89 yards.

It was a whipping.

so far every defense gets tired in the second half
against us

Tobal

Reaction score
The test will be for Dallas to finish the season, I think they will, but ....