What happened to Donovan Wilson

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He is a shell of the player he was just a couple years ago. He used to be an enforcer and always there to make a play. Now he is out of position and a liability. It is just a shame. Was one of my favorite players!
We miss Jayron Keasre....he was the box safety this team is missing. Now they are asking Wilson to play that spot...and he's physically not the guy you want dropping down inside the box to make plays.

Mr_437

Reaction score
You can go back to his college days if you want, but the two places you should put Dono is in the box or surprisingly at single high...yet I prefer him as a robber. If you put Dono on the hash, good luck, and last week he was in Cover 2 on Shaheed deep ball TD...this week Bateman TD.

In the offseason, I questioned which Safeties fit Zimmer's scheme because I felt least comfortable with Dono in a 2 high look. Hooker n Thomas fit best. Lastly, with the run stopping woes Dono should be in the box anyway.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
You can go back to his college days if you want, but the two places you should put Dono is in the box or surprisingly at single high...yet I prefer him as a robber. If you put Dono on the hash, good luck, and last week he was in Cover 2 on Shaheed deep ball TD...this week Bateman TD.

In the offseason, I questioned which Safeties fit Zimmer's scheme because I felt least comfortable with Dono in a 2 high look. Hooker n Thomas fit best. Lastly, with the run stopping woes Dono should be in the box anyway.
Yep, Wilson needs to be going downhill towards the line not away from it to be most effective. Put him in the box or covering the TE, not with his back to the ball trying to support the cb who got beat.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Looks like he's guessing a lot just, either shooting random gaps or late to see play developing in front of him.

Havic

Reaction score
Making him play coverage instead of where he is at his best around the line of scrimmage