Video: What Happened to Ezekiel Elliott? Baldy Breakdowns

Redline360

Reaction score
Zeke is not 100% the problem. The oline keeps getting blown up or pushed back the majority of the time.

However an "elite" back should be able to make some plays. Hell I think the majority of backs would take dallas oline any day still.

Zeke looks like hes afraid of contact this year

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Here’s a depressing stat from the video..

Zeke has one 20+ yard run this season. He had 15 in 2016.

Whoa!

That is alarming to say the least. I sometimes wondered during his holdout if paying Zeke would be the end of him. He’s let so many people off the field down would it surprise anyone if he wasn’t as motivated as he should be now that he has his contract?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Worst? Ummm.....No.
He was a known commodity on the decline. WHo was worse?

Galloway was signed to eek out another run for Aikman, Galloway gets hurt and Aikman goes out the next year. RW11 was the closest but that was due to not changing scheme and freaking out about the 2008 season.

Elliott has not exactly been diva/drama free and started showing that he was on a decline from an explosiveness standpoint. They just saw the Gurley fiasco and said "Do it"

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I know it's another Zeke thread but this confirms what I posted about how Zeke doesn't attack the edges anymore.
I haven't seen him try to out run the LB/Safeties to the sidelines and turn the corner for a big gain like he used to.

I barely watched this video.

Wow, talk about exposing today's lame Zeke!?!? Zeke needs to be benched! He's not the same as he was before. He is slower, runner down, no more burst, finished speed, lack of aggression, etc. The Cowboys could get all of that by playing Tony Pollard. It's time to bench Zeke, or limit his plays, and give the majority of carries to the younger, fresher, faster, more explosive and hungrier Pollard. Forget Zeke's new waaaaay overpaid contract. That's on Jerry. Do you want to help this Offense perform better or not?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Definitely not what I expected this season, even though the offensive line is not playing its best, with Prescott taking a step forward along with Gallup and Cooper to have a major part of your offense take a step back really hurts.

With the defense underperforming this offense needs to be hitting on all eight cylinders for us to have any chance at success. This would be disappointing without the contract, with it it's a bit nauseating.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
He was a known commodity on the decline. WHo was worse?

Galloway was signed to eek out another run for Aikman, Galloway gets hurt and Aikman goes out the next year. RW11 was the closest but that was due to not changing scheme and freaking out about the 2008 season.

Elliott has not exactly been diva/drama free and started showing that he was on a decline from an explosiveness standpoint. They just saw the Gurley fiasco and said "Do it"
Barber
Carr
Brad Johnson
Roy Williams(Much worse!!!)
Roy Williams
Vinnie Interceptaverde
Pacman Jones
Cedric Thornton
Nolan Carroll
Byron Bell

Man, I'm gettin' depressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Yaknow, we keep being told that it's OK for players to sit out and hold out and not honor existing contracts. Is it OK for us, then, to not honor this one?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sorry. I'm not a huge Zeke fan, but the O line was hot garbage. To suggest holes should be developed due to salary like the red sea got split is stupid. Christ sake, watch the game. There was nowhere to run. Plus the play calling had him getting the ball at a dead stop. If you watch, the middle was bad. Fred included, but specifically Williams. I guess he's getting a scope? Not sure when he go injured, but anyone thinking he's any better than a back up Guard is silly.
Again, Elliott isn't fault free. But we've seen games the O line did well run blocking. This was one of a few they were junk.

Lol....he just took film from the Vikings game and there were gaping holes and plays. Shut up and educate yourself. Watch the video.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Here is 35 year old Emmitt Smith with more

Smith had been washed up for the last 5 years at that point. No way in heck are you going to tell me he has more than Zeke lol. I loved Smith, but man I was glad when he was actually off the team so we could put someone else with some actual quickness back there. And Troy Hambrick wasn't the guy either lol

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Barber
Carr
Brad Johnson
Roy Williams(Much worse!!!)
Roy Williams
Vinnie Interceptaverde
Pacman Jones
Cedric Thornton
Nolan Carroll
Byron Bell

Man, I'm gettin' depressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not a one of those were signed to be, as Baldy called it, "The Man"

THey were all atrocious in their own right, but this was 99.99% likely to happen.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Definitely not what I expected this season, even though the offensive line is not playing its best, with Prescott taking a step forward along with Gallup and Cooper to have a major part of your offense take a step back really hurts.

With the defense underperforming this offense needs to be hitting on all eight cylinders for us to have any chance at success. This would be disappointing without the contract with it it's a bit nauseating.

When healthy, the oline has played well.

Zman5

Reaction score
If you go watch his highlight videos from 2016 and 2017, you can see a big difference in his burst/speed and his agility. He used to make subtle cuts running full speed to avoid tacklers when he got to the second level. He doesn't do that anymore. I don't think he can do that at full speed anymore. Now, he just wants to run through them.

I agree our run blocking hasn't been the best this year but not every play in 2016 and 2017 were blocked perfectly. Difference is, when the middle was clogged back then, we would bounce it outside and out run the defenders and turn the corner for at a big gain. For some reason he doesn't do that anymore. Instead, he just puts his head down and try to plow through for minimal gain.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not a one of those were signed to be, as Baldy called it, "The Man"

THey were all atrocious in their own right, but this was 99.99% likely to happen.
Yes, but they are on par w/ the worst signings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Matt Cassell count?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Smith had been washed up for the last 5 years at that point. No way in heck are you going to tell me he has more than Zeke lol. I loved Smith, but man I was glad when he was actually off the team so we could put someone else with some actual quickness back there. And Troy Hambrick wasn't the guy either lol

NO the point is 35 Year old Emmitt Smith had more 20+ yard runs and explosive plays that Elliott does now. Even the way he hit the hole at 35 was more decisive. Emmitt was slower and lost power, but there is almost zero excuse for Zeke playing for the Cowboys that a 35 Emmitt Smith highlight reel should even be in the same universe.

Now Emmitt was a top 1-3 Back during his first 6 years, there was no doubt. There is certain doubt in the current conversation with Elliott. That is a huge fail