What happened to the "Toss Sweep"???

ReturnToGlory

Reaction score
I've seen this with our Boy Wonder a lot and it's very frustrating.

We put a new wrinkle in the offense that worked last week and don't see it once today.

Last year against the Bears, we moved TO around. He was in the back field, on the slot, in motion and we played very well. The next week, we didn't see it once. I thought we were saving it for big games, but it wasn't to be seen again.

What is going on here???

:bang2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
They tried it early and it didn't work. They were clearly waiting for it. No sense doing something they obviously game planned for.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I know I saw one on their first possession of the game, before i went to my flag football games, and it got stuffed. I don't know about the rest of the game though cause I missed the majority of the rest of it.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Don't know what you watched today, but we ran it with Barber several times. Personally, I don't like it much with Barber. He's not fast enough to make it work on a consistent basis. Now if we had Felix and ran the toss to get him out in space, I'd be happy. Too bad we won't see him until next season.

Reaction score
Well in cause you missed it, the 49ers played the run well today so the toss sweeps probably wasn't in the cards.

anava

Reaction score
ReturnToGlory;2438912 said:

We put a new wrinkle in the offense that worked last week and don't see it once today.

Last year against the Bears, we moved TO around. He was in the back field, on the slot, in motion and we played very well. The next week, we didn't see it once. I thought we were saving it for big games, but it wasn't to be seen again.

What is going on here???

I thnk San Fran came in determined to stop the run and make Romo beat them. We see how that turned out

ReturnToGlory

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2438926 said:
Well in cause you missed it, the 49ers played the run well today so the toss sweeps probably wasn't in the cards.

We got shut down running it between the tackles. Maybe mixing it up would help?

Great picture!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Now Seattle will probably try and slow down Owens and Romo and you'll see more of Barber and Choice on Thursday for a bigger day.

I think what you're going to see, the rest of the way, is a team that is good enough at both things that teams are going to have to come into the games picking their posion.

Will they load up to stop the run, like the Niners did today, and hope that their pass rush will get there enough on Romo to keep him from making too many big plays or will they try and slow the pass more, like the Skins last week, and allow Barber to pound away on them hoping that if they keep the game closer, and lower scoring, that it will give them an advantage.

As long as the Cowboys continue what they've done the last two games, proving that they can beat you both ways, then it's going to be tough for teams to figure out a way to beat them.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ReturnToGlory;2438912 said:

What is going on here???

Did the Cowboys lose today?

Why are you banging your head against the wall?