What Happened?

Gmonkey21

Reaction score
What happened to the "that's my quarterback," "it's not fair to blame him," crying during his press conference while covering his QB's back TO?

Where did he go?

Good grief...the drama never ends with this team...I mean never!!!

Just beat the ever loving snot out of the Giants!!!

And all will be good and pleasant for at least a week anyway...
:banghead:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If you remember correctly, Owens was as quiet as a mouse for most of this year. Even when we thought he "should've blown up" he didn't say a word.

I remember games where TO barely had the ball thrown his way, yada yada , and he said nothing. Basically, he's fed up with how the offense is not doing what is necessary to get him involved.

I kept saying this time and time again. Why can't they throw a simple slant to TO, at least 4 times a game, he'll drop 1, 1 will be off target "as usual", he'll catch one and be tackled, and he'll break one for a touch down.

As far as I'm concerned, the guy has shown that he is explosive at what he does. Don't ask him to do things he can't do, if you know he struggles at certain areas of WR, which most receivers have flaws, then work to his strengths.

Same with Romo. Don't have Romo sitting in the pocket constantly, stop asking him to be something he's not natural at just because you think you're a genius.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no problems with TO, Witten or Romo. My problem is with the coaching staff.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Clove;2483991 said:
If you remember correctly, Owens was as quiet as a mouse for most of this year. Even when we thought he "should've blown up" he didn't say a word.

I remember games where TO barely had the ball thrown his way, yada yada , and he said nothing. Basically, he's fed up with how the offense is not doing what is necessary to get him involved.

I kept saying this time and time again. Why can't they throw a simple slant to TO, at least 4 times a game, he'll drop 1, 1 will be off target "as usual", he'll catch one and be tackled, and he'll break one for a touch down.

As far as I'm concerned, the guy has shown that he is explosive at what he does. Don't ask him to do things he can't do, if you know he struggles at certain areas of WR, which most receivers have flaws, then work to his strengths.

Same with Romo. Don't have Romo sitting in the pocket constantly, stop asking him to be something he's not natural at just because you think you're a genius.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no problems with TO, Witten or Romo. My problem is with the coaching staff.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Gmonkey21;2483917 said:
What happened to the "that's my quarterback," "it's not fair to blame him," crying during his press conference while covering his QB's back TO?

Where did he go?

Well-2008 has not only been a VERY unpredictable year for this team, but also for me, this country, AND this world.

I'm not going to go into the details b/c alot of it is non-football related, but the entire year has really been one wild ride.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Gmonkey21;2483917 said:

Where did he go?

To me, seeing TO cry is when he became a Cowboy. Now? I dont feel he is, or ever was a Cowboy. No matter where he goes, he brings a selfish circus with him.

Boy how times change.

Does he help this team? Absolutely. But why cant he JUST help the team, instead of bringing the baggage with him?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Clove;2483991 said:

What do you feel the coaching staff is doing that you have a problem with it? Because to me, it all comes down to players making plays on the field. We didnt do that when we needed to Sunday and lost. Not sure how much coaching could have changed that

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Clove;2483991 said:

Yup. Its called giving yourself a competitive advantage.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2484037 said:
To me, seeing TO cry is when he became a Cowboy. Now? I dont feel he is, or ever was a Cowboy. No matter where he goes, he brings a selfish circus with him.

Boy how times change.

Does he help this team? Absolutely. But why cant he JUST help the team, instead of bringing the baggage with him?

What did TO do wrong? He didn't like the offense was going so he went and talked to Garrett. He didn't blow up on Romo on the sideline nor did he go to the media. He tried to settle it in house and some one in VR let the story get out.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Owens didn't come out talking crap, it was those anonymous sources... somebody in the lockerroom with no backbone that probably didn't like Owens from the day he arrived

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2484049 said:
What did TO do wrong? He didn't like the offense was going so he went and talked to Garrett. He didn't blow up on Romo on the sideline nor did he go to the media. He tried to settle it in house and some one in VR let the story get out.

Its the overall personality of Owens. When he says he isnt involved enough, we sometimes force him the ball to the detriment of our own team. Look at the Washington game. We were so concerned with getting him the ball early and often, that we lost the game. Sometimes I feel we do the same in other games. However, the Cincy game was a great example of him doing the opposite. He was quiet all game, then came through with a huge TD at the end. I want more games like this as far as his way of handling things, not production. I want more games like the SF game as far as production.

We all know he just wants to win. But when we are losing, and he's doing interviews saying that he needs the ball more and all that, all it does is create a distraction with a team. I just want him and this team to focus on football, and stop with all this media garbage. Bottom line is he creates a distraction wherever he goes. I wish he would focus less on his attention, and more on helping the team.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2484061 said:
Its the overall personality of Owens. When he says he isnt involved enough, we sometimes force him the ball to the detriment of our own team. Look at the Washington game. We were so concerned with getting him the ball early and often, that we lost the game. Sometimes I feel we do the same in other games. However, the Cincy game was a great example of him doing the opposite. He was quiet all game, then came through with a huge TD at the end. I want more games like this as far as his way of handling things, not production. I want more games like the SF game as far as production.

We all know he just wants to win. But when we are losing, and he's doing interviews saying that he needs the ball more and all that, all it does is create a distraction with a team. I just want him and this team to focus on football, and stop with all this media garbage. Bottom line is he creates a distraction wherever he goes. I wish he would focus less on his attention, and more on helping the team

Name one player that's not going to want the ball when his team is losing. I don't think we need to satisfy his ego nor do we need to throw him the ball 18 times. However when the game is on the line and a ball isn't even thrown his way nor any other WR's that's simply inexcusable. We have 2 of the most gifted WR's on the outside with obv physical advantages over any CB that line up against. Lets see some screens some slants and more crossing routes. Garrett didn't even call l a fade route to RW in the endzone.

Boysboy

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2484061 said:

We all know he just wants to win. But when we are losing, and he's doing interviews saying that he needs the ball more and all that, all it does is create a distraction with a team. I just want him and this team to focus on football, and stop with all this media garbage. Bottom line is he creates a distraction wherever he goes. I wish he would focus less on his attention, and more on helping the team.

To be fair, it was really that one game-1st Skins-that we force fed it a bit too much. The Skins' game plan that day was to fool Romo into thinking they were playing run...Romo changed the audibles to pass plays, not knowing the Skins would change back to their pass D.

The Skins gambled and won-in the end, Romo got confused. In the 2nd game, we pounded the rock to Barber.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Boysboy;2484003 said:
Well-2008 has not only been a VERY unpredictable year for this team, but also for me, this country, AND this world.

I'm not going to go into the details b/c alot of it is non-football related, but the entire year has really been one wild ride.

;-) .......

Gmonkey21

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2484049 said:

I don't think he did anything wrong per se. I was just using last year’s drama after the playoff loss as evidence of the controversy that exists with this team on a constant basis.

Every week it's something different. Last week Barbers toughness, week before Romo's pinky, before that, why isn't Brad Johnson on a train out of town? Before that Brian Stewart stinks, he's losing his play calling duties etc, etc... It just never ends with this team.

When you are arguably the most loved AND hated team in sports, it's a bi-product of that perception. This team is a walking soap opera 24-7.

I love TO, Romo, Witten, etc...They are the team I choose to root for... Warts and all...at the end of the day it's all entertainment to me.

Frustrated? Yes! Entertained? You better believe it!

CutMeMick

Reaction score
The problem TO always brings to the table is,
he continues to re-state the OBVIOUS, because it's beneficial to HIM!

The entire world KNOWS that TO is the best offensive weapon on the team.
That includes opposing team's defenses as well.
They gameplan to limit, if not stop his catches, as a 1st priority.

When he cries about NOT getting the ball, it's like he's insinuating
that his QB's (Romo, McNabb, Garcia, et al), are somehow PURPOSELY
refusing to throw him the ball.

This is no longer a legit complaint, since its gone beyond just our team & our
QB.
TO acts like he's slightly paranoid- like someone's out to "get" him.
How else do you explain this behaviour?

Of course JG wants to get him the ball- who wouldn't?
But that's BESIDE the point.
As a great player, he needs to accept that Witten, Crayton, Barber,
Choice, Bennett, RW, etc. are more likely to get catches, because thats
what other teams are willing to give up!

It's that old adage: "We won't let TO beat us"!
He needs to grow up, & act like a pro.
Enough already.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Gmonkey21;2484112 said:
I don't think he did anything wrong per se. I was just using last year’s drama after the playoff loss as evidence of the controversy that exists with this team on a constant basis.

Every week it's something different. Last week Barbers toughness, week before Romo's pinky, before that, why isn't Brad Johnson on a train out of town? Before that Brian Stewart stinks, he's losing his play calling duties etc, etc... It just never ends with this team.

When you are arguably the most loved AND hated team in sports, it's a bi-product of that perception. This team is a walking soap opera 24-7.

I love TO, Romo, Witten, etc...They are the team I choose to root for... Warts and all...at the end of the day it's all entertainment to me.

Frustrated? Yes! Entertained? You better believe it!

That's what comes with wearing the star. There's going to be drama and going to be craziness. All that stuff tends to come with winning also. If we were 5-8 right now the media wouldn't even talk about us. However we are the cowboys we are America's team and everyone wants to know what to know about Dallas.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
All we can hope for, at this point, is that Dallas plays great down the stretch here, to get into the playoffs, and this issue, or non-issue as it might be, simply takes care of itself.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Clove;2483991 said:

TO is currently 11th in the NFL in pass targets, even though he has one of the worst conversion rates in the NFL.

The slant in contingent on the idea that the WR is supposed to be exactly where he's supposed to be at. If not it's going to land directly in the safety's gut. TO can't get a clean release off the line anymore.

TO was complaining that he didn't get enough pass attempts in the Washington loss post game press conference .... in which he was targeted a ridiculous 18 times.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2484365 said:
TO is currently 11th in the NFL in pass targets, even though he has one of the worst conversion rates in the NFL.

The slant in contingent on the idea that the WR is supposed to be exactly where he's supposed to be at. If not it's going to land directly in the safety's gut. TO can't get a clean release off the line anymore.

TO was complaining that he didn't get enough pass attempts in the Washington loss post game press conference .... in which he was targeted a ridiculous 18 times.

TO does drop the ball and he had drops on catch able passes however when the ball isn't even catch able are you really going to consider that a pass attempt?

CutMeMick

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2484379 said:
TO does drop the ball and he had drops on catch able passes however when the ball isn't even catch able are you really going to consider that a pass attempt?

Oh for crying out loud!!!

I live in the NEast (Delaware), & these are
the same kinda excuses TO apologists made when he played
for the Iggles!

Can we agree that this guy is, to put it mildly, a DISTRACTION
wherever he goes?

The list gets longer & longer, but the common denominator is:
T O!

Please, can we put the KOOL-AID down?:banghead: