What has happened to the defense?

CWR

Reaction score
The defensive scheme is outdated and has been figured out. Good QB's slice it up....add in that the D-line isn't as talented as people think and it's a recipe for struggles.

Games are won or lost on the lines.

Our "rush men" are killing us. Everything else topples over from there.

cern

Reaction score
We are all so high on this team mainly because of the defense, at least I was. The offense I expected to be good but not great. The defense was supposed to be our calling card and it is not the dominant unit we saw at points last year. So what happened fellas?
they were much overhyped. only free agent Robert quinn is playing like an nfl player. the rest are soft. Pillsbury boyz.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We are all so high on this team mainly because of the defense, at least I was. The offense I expected to be good but not great. The defense was supposed to be our calling card and it is not the dominant unit we saw at points last year. So what happened fellas?

I tried to warn many many fans that we really did NOTHING in the offseason to improve this defense. And many people were defiant that with all the issues in TC with guys that "they will be fine". Well many aren't and started out slow.

The gig is also up exactly how to attack us. And we cant do anything about it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dlaw CHOSE to forego surgery and wait and wait and I don't think hes 100%..truth be told. He had the surgery late and forced the hand of Jerry to sign him. HE DONE THE TEAM A DISSERVICE. Jerry got HAD by Dlaw and the agent. NOW he's a loafing fat cat that poses on twitter and has no real worries about his job security NONE. He getting paid no matter.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the fans ignored Tyron and Collins..I TOLD EVERYONE both would be an issue. Now Dak is getting beaten up. We ignored the fact Zeke missed an entire camp and DLAW pulled the shenanigans he did. BOTH GOT REWARDED. Now we are in a pickle. We either fire Marinelli and Garrett or keep spinning our wheels. CHANGE SOMETIMES can re-energize the team. We need change.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Can't keep teams under 20 points every game.
There is something called an offense that is responsible to score points and that seems to be the MAJOR issue here esp the 1st 3 Quarters of our games!
You didn't think we have the Ravens 2000 defense out there did you now???
lol

CWR

Reaction score
I tried to warn many many fans that we really did NOTHING in the offseason to improve this defense. And many people were defiant that with all the issues in TC with guys that "they will be fine". Well many aren't and started out slow.

The gig is also up exactly how to attack us. And we cant do anything about it.

Well we went from a pretty good young defense to trash after ONE game. Youre right, but it does seem to defy logic. How on earth did we stop Seattle the week before LA?

CWR

Reaction score
Can't keep teams under 20 points every game.
There is something called an offense that is responsible to score points and that seems to be the MAJOR issue here esp the 1st 3 Quarters of our games!
You didn't think we have the Ravens 2000 defense out there did you now???
lol

You actually think this defense has been up to par? I think the offense has been better than nost expected. Weve been gashed by opposing offenses now 2 weeks straight.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well we went from a pretty good young defense to trash after ONE game. Youre right, but it does seem to defy logic. How on earth did we stop Seattle the week before LA?

Our DT's are terrible. Safeties are horrid. You CANNOT have a good defense if you are so bad up the middle.

NO ONE makes plays. DE's are the only thing good on our defense and Lawrence is a shadow right now.

cern

Reaction score
the fans ignored Tyron and Collins..I TOLD EVERYONE both would be an issue. Now Dak is getting beaten up. We ignored the fact Zeke missed an entire camp and DLAW pulled the shenanigans he did. BOTH GOT REWARDED. Now we are in a pickle. We either fire Marinelli and Garrett or keep spinning our wheels. CHANGE SOMETIMES can re-energize the team. We need change.
tyron and his recurring back problems was to be expected. Collins, not so much. he hadn't missed much time.

HungryLion

Reaction score
They are not aggressive at all.

Kris Richard has been calling soft plays and not attacking the QB. He let the stench of Marinelli rub off on him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You actually think this defense has been up to par? I think the offense has been better than nost expected. Weve been gashed by opposing offenses now 2 weeks straight.

We held the Saints to 4 FG and still lost to a back-up QB....bud look at the Elephant in the room will you?
It's the guy wearing #4.....

CWR

Reaction score
Our DT's are terrible. Safeties are horrid. You CANNOT have a good defense if you are so bad up the middle.

NO ONE makes plays. DE's are the only thing good on our defense and Lawrence is a shadow right now.

Im not arguing, but what made it successful most of 2018?

Rayman70

Reaction score
as long as we remain satisfied with status quo, things will remain stagnant.