What I don't understand

VACowboy

Reaction score
Is how the Eagles exposed the Dallas defense Monday night but the opposite isn't true. Dukes and Woodson on NFLN are just one example. They both picked Green Bay because Rodgers and his array of WRs are going against a soft pass defense, but then picked Philly over Pittsburgh because Philly's defense is better.

Huh?

It seems really weird to me how a moral victory has boosted peoples' opinions of the Iggles, more so than their opinions of the Cowboys for a win.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
If Philly sells out against the run like they did against us, they actually do have a much better chance against the Stealers.

That said, Dukes doesn't normally make much sense anyway.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
VACowboy;2271578 said:
Is how the Eagles exposed the Dallas defense Monday night but the opposite isn't true. Dukes and Woodson on NFLN are just one example. They both picked Green Bay because Rodgers and his array of WRs are going against a soft pass defense, but then picked Philly over Pittsburgh because Philly's defense is better.

Huh?

It seems really weird to me how a moral victory has boosted peoples' opinions of the Iggles, more so than their opinions of the Cowboys for a win.

The eagles aren't the cowboys.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
We simply don't know how good the Beagles might be. Remember, this is a team not to far away from 4 consecutive NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl (loss of course).
We'll know by mid-season if the Cowboys beat a very good team last Monday night, or struggled against a "middle of the pack" dog. Thusly, we don't know "what happened" Monday night...........not just yet.
Bottom line: We won. We won a type of game that we lost alot of the last few years. That's positive.
This Packer game smells of the same. We don't know how good or mediocre the Packers are just yet. THIS GAME is the beginning of actually "knowing" who we are, and "who" the NFC is. After this week, pre-season and early-season excuses are OVER. It's "real time" from here on out...........

Boysboy

Reaction score
VACowboy;2271578 said:

Huh?

Well, if our pass D is so bad, then Dukes/Woodson have grossly overlooked the fact that Philly's safeties are horrible, and their so-called 3-headed monster at CB isn't all that.

The Iggs will be in the thick of things this year w/ McNabb/Westbrook being healthy. However-they're going to have issues with their pass D this year. Their LBs aren't very good in coverage either.

Ender

Reaction score
Well i for one dont think they no what they're talking about. If we win this game then they will be back on our bandwagon and quickly jump off when we face the giants. Its just what they do.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
VACowboy;2271578 said:

Huh?

What was exposed? The Eagles got away with holding all night? That game was completely dictated by the referee's. Damn shame.

Nothing could possibly be "exposed" with what was going on in the trenches.
It made for a completely different ball game.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
VACowboy;2271578 said:

Huh?

You don't understand it because it makes zero sense.