What I noticed today

Kangaroo

Reaction score
As I have flipped through several games the RB; H-Backs and FB type players today have been bad on picking up blitzer I mean totally not seeing them or doing a bad job blocking them and getting their QB killed.

Several example Domnic Davis got Carr blown up a couple times and in SD they had a te or a fb back (84) with the rb for max protect and the guy goes in untouched and decapitated Brees

Jay

Reaction score
I saw Curtis Martin miss picking up a blitz twice.

I've also seen Warrick Dunn do it twice or it may have been three times.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:
As I have flipped through several games the RB; H-Backs and FB type players today have been bad on picking up blitzer I mean totally not seeing them or doing a bad job blocking them and getting their QB killed.

Several example Domnic Davis got Carr blown up a couple times and in SD they had a te or a fb back (84) with the rb for max protect and the guy goes in untouched and decapitated Brees
David Carr is starting to resemble a speed bump.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
It is a shame what is going on down in Texans land. David Carr is a pretty good quarterback but their offensive line just cannot pick up the rush or a blitz to save their lives.

There needs to be a change of coaching staff down that way and I have a feeling one is coming as well because the Texans should be further along then this.

I still cant beleive they beat us in their first game....

- Mike G.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I still cannot believe that they have not put a lot of draft choices or FA into their O line- that is what is getting Carr killed- and I think it has finally worn him down.
Shame- because I really think he could be a good QB if he had a decent line.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Polite did at least one OLE - might have messed up others that I missed. No wonder BP is pushing that hard to all backs.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
David Carr is starting to resemble a speed bump.

i really dont like carr. i think he was overrated to begin w/...

it all problem comes from friggin theisman prazing this kid in that first game against the cowboys.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd said:
I still cannot believe that they have not put a lot of draft choices or FA into their O line- that is what is getting Carr killed- and I think it has finally worn him down.
Shame- because I really think he could be a good QB if he had a decent line.
Carr may be one of those guys we will never know about. I thought he was doing better last year but has looked like complete crap this year. He (as do most QB's) need a good line.

jman

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:

Good observation...Also see Rashard Lee.