What if Hurd had caught the ball?

Aven8

Reaction score
Romo and the O would have had 1:40 left with no timeouts to at least get into field goal range, for one of our best players, Nick Folk.

We win the game 27-26 and feel great?

Is TO still complaining? What about the defense?

What do you guys think?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hurd catching the ball doesn't mean we win. For all you know Romo throws an int, someone fumbles, someone drops a pass, etc. We shouldn't have put our hopes on a Sam Hurd onsides recovery. We already did that against Buffalo last year.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't like the what if game. It didn't happen so it doesnt matter and it certainly would not have changed the fact that our offensive game plan was not good and our defense did not show up.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
We would have won, Romo was extremely focused on that last TD drive, it would have carried over.

Having said that, we would all still be complaining about the same things and all the media would be talking about is how we got lucky to get the kick and the Commanders deserved the win blah blah blah. It wouldn't be that different.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
It made up for the Buffalo game, which we didn't deserve to win.

This loss was the best thing that could've happened to this team.

Makes them recognize the potential backlash that would happen if they let the city of Dallas, their fans, and Jerry Jones down again.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Aven8;2298726 said:
Romo and the O would have had 1:40 left with no timeouts to at least get into field goal range, for one of our best players, Nick Folk.

What do you guys think?
I will admit, I would not. I would be glad we pulled the game out, winning is the most important thing. But I still would not like the effort, gameplan, and execution.

Similar to Buffalo last year, I would know we got very lucky at the right time. I would probably relish the win like I do the Buffalo win, but just like that win, only in retrospect.

Mansta54

Reaction score
TheCount;2298731 said:
Hurd catching the ball doesn't mean we win. For all you know Romo throws an int, someone fumbles, someone drops a pass, etc. We shouldn't have put our hopes on a Sam Hurd onsides recovery. We already did that against Buffalo last year.

I totally disagree with you!!!! I've seen Romo and the O more often move the ball in crucial situations then I've seen them fail. Say what you want but Romo guides this O very well.

Aven8

Reaction score
My point is would most of us still be *itching and moaning like a bunch of school girls???

We played horrific in that Buffalo game last year, but I felt pretty great after that win, and the Detroit win!!!!

jimmy40

Reaction score
Future;2298744 said:
We would have won, Romo was extremely focused on that last TD drive, it would have carried over.

Having said that, we would all still be complaining about the same things and all the media would be talking about is how we got lucky to get the kick and the Commanders deserved the win blah blah blah. It wouldn't be that different.
If we would have won there would be no problems to fix, the Commanders suck just like we thought and we're 4-0 just like we thought we'd be and the only reason the Giants are undefeated is because they haven't played us.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Mansta54;2298754 said:
I totally disagree with you!!!! I've seen Romo and the O more often move the ball in crucial situations then I've seen them fail. Say what you want but Romo guides this O very well.

You can disagree all you want, an onside recovery doesn't mean we win.

Mansta54

Reaction score
TheCount;2298762 said:
You can disagree all you want, an onside recovery doesn't mean we win.

I never said it did. I said I believe Romo and the O would move the ball into scoring position..

Boysboy

Reaction score
Aven8;2298726 said:

What do you guys think?

If anything, that miracle win in Buffalo last year may have had a detrimental effect on our team's mentality-from then on, it seemed like they thought they were invincible and it got to their heads.

Pt being that we got kicked a good one(the score wasn't as close as it looked)-hopefully, this will be a wake up call to us.

As for TO complaining-given his history here, the minute he starts doing so after a loss, he bounces back almost immediately with a great game the following week. I don't like his personality, but his pouting ends up being short-lived.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
If we had won, I bet there would be way more negative threads than there already are now.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Aven8;2298755 said:
My point is would most of us still be *itching and moaning like a bunch of school girls???

We played horrific in that Buffalo game last year, but I felt pretty great after that win, and the Detroit win!!!!

You obviously weren't you last year the minute we pulled out both of those wins. There were STILL lots and lots of griping and complaining on this forum. Those wins felt great to me, but not to 95% of this board.

As a matter of fact, after the Detroit game, most Zoners started getting concerned b/c it looked like TO was growling after the game.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Aven8;2298726 said:

What do you guys think?

I think we probably would have won. It wouldn't have been a sure thing, but I'm guessing the odds would have been a bit better than 50-50.

And there probably would be just as much complaining.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Aven8;2298726 said:

What do you guys think?

If Hurd makes the catch i think we win the game. A win is a win so i would have felt good about being 4-0 expecially against the Commanders.

But to see how bad we played. with what kind of mentality we showed up. How Garett abandoned the run a problem he had a year before also. how bad our defense played. nothing would have changed for me: i am worried about this team since our victory against the eagles. and right now the team has shown me nothing where i would trust them that they are able to deliver in crunch time. 4-0 or 3-1 doesn't change one bit of my thinking.

My thinking may be hard or unfair because this is a good team. but our goal is not being 9-7 or 10-6 and losing in the NFC championship game. our goal is to be the SB champion. therefor we have to deliver in crunch time because crunch time is what we will face if we really want to be champs.

RedskinNation

Reaction score
If Hurd makes that catch you guys march the necessary yards and kick the GW FG...no doubt in my mind.

My only question..maybe im wrong....why isnt TO and or Witten on the Onside Kick Coverage team? Perhaps Newman as well?

If you guys had won I think TO would have just been fine. 7 catches/71 yds and a TD....thats a fine day at the office on a winning team.

He wouldnt have said one negative thing.

U guys will beat the Bengals by 30 this week and all will be good in Cowboy land next Monday, unfortunatly.

Mansta54

Reaction score
RedskinNation;2298845 said:
If Hurd makes that catch you guys march the necessary yards and kick the GW FG...no doubt in my mind.

My only question..maybe im wrong....why isnt TO and or Witten on the Onside Kick Coverage team? Perhaps Newman as well?

If you guys had won I think TO would have just been fine. 7 catches/71 yds and a TD....thats a fine day at the office on a winning team.

U guys will beat the Bengals by 30 this week and all will be good in Cowboy land next Monday, unfortunatly.

Who says TO isn't fine now, ESPN?:rolleyes:

Boysboy

Reaction score
RedskinNation;2298845 said:

Frankly-I hate playing armchair QB. If we had won, I'm sure ES would have 100 threads by now on why Casey Rabach made those stupid penalties that negated 14 pts. And for that matter, we scored our last TD b/c the Skins were playing prevent.

So I'll give you another WHAT IF scenerio-what if we didn't have 12 men on the field on the Skins' last drive? We would have gotten the ball back down 6, but I doubt the Skins would have played prevent, and we WERE struggling, so I doubt we would have done anything.

Bottom line-the Skins smacked us a good one in our house. The fact that we're complaining over not recoving an onside kick shows how badly beaten were were in this game.

RedskinNation

Reaction score
Boysboy;2298855 said:
Frankly-I hate playing armchair QB. If we had won, I'm sure ES would have 100 threads by now on why Casey Rabach made those stupid penalties that negated 14 pts. And for that matter, we scored our last TD b/c the Skins were playing prevent.

So I'll give you another WHAT IF scenerio-what if we didn't have 12 men on the field on the Skins' last drive? We would have gotten the ball back down 6, but I doubt the Skins would have played prevent, and we WERE struggling, so I doubt we would have done anything.

Bottom line-the Skins smacked us a good one in our house. The fact that we're complaining over not recoving an onside kick shows how badly beaten were were in this game.

Well FTR Im still pissed Rabach botched those 2 plays that resulted on TD's...in the same drive. 2 straight weeks that we had TD's that would have essentially put the game away called back by penalties.