What if Hurd had caught the ball?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
RedskinNation;2298912 said:
Well FTR Im still ****ed Rabach botched those 2 plays that resulted on TD's...in the same drive. 2 straight weeks that we had TD's that would have essentially put the game away called back by penalties.

You think the game would have been "put away" with eight minutes left in the third quarter and the Commanders up by one score?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Aven8;2298755 said:
My point is would most of us still be *itching and moaning like a bunch of school girls???

We played horrific in that Buffalo game last year, but I felt pretty great after that win, and the Detroit win!!!!

yes, they would still be complaining

Boysboy

Reaction score
RedskinNation;2298912 said:
Well FTR Im still pissed Rabach botched those 2 plays that resulted on TD's...in the same drive. 2 straight weeks that we had TD's that would have essentially put the game away called back by penalties.

Well-bottom line is that football is a TEAM sport. No matter how close the score is, you can't obsess over why this receiver dropped a ball, why this OLman made a boneheaded holding call, why this coordinator made a couple of questionable playcalls, why the refs made a bad call, etc, etc. It's a 60 minute game from start to finish. You make a mistake, another player or coach should get in your ear and then just get back up from there. It's a marathon, not a wind-sprint.

With that being said-there's still 3/4 of the season to go-I'm sure our coaches and players will clean up our mistakes over the coming weeks, while I'm sure Zorn and Bugal will get in Rabach's ear all week this week.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2298949 said:
You think the game would have been "put away" with eight minutes left in the third quarter and the Commanders up by one score?

I think the point is that the score wasn't as close as it looked, and most Zoners here agreed.

We dodged bullets when Rabach made those 2 unecessary penalties, but unfortunately, we couldn't capitalize.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Aven8;2298726 said:
Romo and the O would have had 1:40 left with no timeouts to at least get into field goal range, for one of our best players, Nick Folk.

We win the game 27-26 and feel great?

Is TO still complaining? What about the defense?

What do you guys think?

i was telling my friend sunday...no loss is good, but it can be benifical...winning covers alot up. hopefully they will make the right adjustments and be a better team....

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2298749 said:
It made up for the Buffalo game, which we didn't deserve to win.

This loss was the best thing that could've happened to this team.

Makes them recognize the potential backlash that would happen if they let the city of Dallas, their fans, and Jerry Jones down again.

losses are never a good thing...losses are bad, especially home losses vs divisional teams...and most especially when you are better than the other team and favored by double digits to win

its the kind of game that comes back to bite you in the arse come playoff time, when it either costs you a playoff spot or a higher seed.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2298811 said:
I think we probably would have won. It wouldn't have been a sure thing, but I'm guessing the odds would have been a bit better than 50-50.

And there probably would be just as much complaining.

I know i would still be complaining about the defense.

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2299603 said:
losses are never a good thing...losses are bad, especially home losses vs divisional teams...and most especially when you are better than the other team and favored by double digits to win

its the kind of game that comes back to bite you in the arse come playoff time, when it either costs you a playoff spot or a higher seed.

It was alot like 3 years ago when we opened the season @San Diego and then hosted the Skins in wk2. We won a barnburner at San Diego. We would have easily lost by double digits(one of our TD drives continued b/c of a fluke PF penalty on Bledsoe), and Aaron Glenn saved the day at the end when SD was threatening.

However-in wk2, how we blew a 13 pt lead with a few minutes to go on long bombs really makes me scratch my head to this date.(which lead to the birth of Santana Moss) And yes-THIS game costed us a playoff spot.

I would have GLADLY traded our lucky win over the Chargers with our gut-wrenching loss to the Skins that year ANY day.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Aven8;2298726 said:
Romo and the O would have had 1:40 left with no timeouts to at least get into field goal range, for one of our best players, Nick Folk.

We win the game 27-26 and feel great?

Is TO still complaining? What about the defense?

What do you guys think?

Yes TO is still complaining and deservedly so.

Green Bay - not many touches. Almost lose to Philly. Team not playing to its potential. Team on verge of dominance and seemingly wanting no part of it.
Again, Yes, To is complaining.. and I am ok with it.

GoinForSix;2298749 said:
It made up for the Buffalo game, which we didn't deserve to win.

This loss was the best thing that could've happened to this team.

Makes them recognize the potential backlash that would happen if they let the city of Dallas, their fans, and Jerry Jones down again.

It really could turn out to be best thing. That remains to be seen though. If we win 2 or 3 or 4 more in a row... the facade of "everything is ok" will dominate and we will go into playoffs a pass happy team and lose.