What if Jeffery Simmons falls out of 1st

Sandyf

Reaction score
Many analysts believe that the best player in this draft in 3 years will be said to be Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi State. So would you trade your 2020 1st round pick to Arizona for pick #33 and probably #65 to get Simmons even though you know he probably will not play in 2019 due to the ACL injury in January?

Tough choice for me but if I truly believed that he was going to be the best player in this draft, just might have to take the chance. Not having a first two years in a row would be very tough sell though.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Many analysts believe that the best player in this draft in 3 years will be said to be Jeffery Simmons DT Mississippi State. So would you trade your 2020 1st round pick to Arizona for pick #33 and probably #65 to get Simmons even though you know he probably will not play in 2019 due to the ACL injury in January?

Tough choice for me but if I truly believed that he was going to be the best player in this draft, just might have to take the chance. Not having a first two years in a row would be very tough sell though.
Based on what Stephen said its not gonna happen, despite me predicting that they would last week.

Clearly he didnt get the memo

Beaker42

Reaction score
Based on what Stephen said its not gonna happen, despite me predicting that they would last week.

I don’t believe a word they say until draft day.

And yes, I would pull that trigger.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Really? What analysts?

Sydla

Reaction score

Although Jerry said yesterday that they still view the 2nd round as "wildcat" territory where they have taken chances on guys like Smith and Gregory. Simmons would absolutely fit that criteria with his knee injury and some clouds over his head over hitting that girl a few years ago.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think a team with multiple early picks would take him before us,.

If we had a 1st round pick, I could definitely see us trying to get him with some combination of our 2nd rounder and a late pick...but that's not the case.

Hardline

Reaction score
I still see him as a top 20 selection
Teams see our success with Jaylon Smith and want to copy it.

But if the Cowboys somehow get him he would probably be given a six game suspension to begin right after he is medically cleared to play.

Johnny23

Reaction score
I still see him as a top 20 selection
Teams see our success with Jaylon Smith and want to copy it.

But if the Cowboys somehow get him he would probably be given a six game suspension to begin right after he is medically cleared to play.
I think he's going to a playoff team that trades up for him. First round.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Unless a coach is carrying the power of GM ( Belichick, Gruden, Carrol, Reid etc), I don't see a GM having the balls, or authority to take a kid in first he has to redshirt year one. Said this in another thread, as one former GM tweeted, as a general rule, GMs live or die by their first round pick(s). They either get you fired or new contract.......

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unless a coach is carrying the power of GM ( Belichick, Gruden, Carrol, Reid etc), I don't see a GM having the balls, or authority to take a kid in first he has to redshirt year one. Said this in another thread, as one former GM tweeted, as a general rule, GMs live or die by their first round pick(s). They either get you fired or new contract.......
I could see Gruden doing it. Especially with two firsts. He is looking to build a team, not get immediate results

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Not trading a 1st.