what if Jerry felt like this last year...

MONT17

Reaction score
Jerry calling out MB3 is a joke... but what has changed since last year... Why didnt Jerry feel the same way last year with Terry Glenn! Maybe just maybe the Cowboys would have drafted a young WR in the 08 Draft instead of going into camp waiting for Glenn to show up, then going through half the season with rejects and then breaking down and sending 1st and 3rd to Detroit!

Not to mention, with Jerrys thinking this season applied to last season, Matt Moore would be the 3rd guy and there would be no need for Jerry to pick up a guy who got cut by the Vikes...

Back to the WR thing... he did this once b4 when he didnt draft Moss and traded 2 1st round picks for Joey cpl seasons later!

What next... release Romo because he doesnt want to pay his roster bonus after an injury!

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
MONT17;2480413 said:
Jerry calling out MB3 is a joke... but what has changed since last year... Why didnt Jerry feel the same way last year with Terry Glenn! Maybe just maybe the Cowboys would have drafted a young WR in the 08 Draft instead of going into camp waiting for Glenn to show up, then going through half the season with rejects and then breaking down and sending 1st and 3rd to Detroit!

Not to mention, with Jerrys thinking this season applied to last season, Matt Moore would be the 3rd guy and there would be no need for Jerry to pick up a guy who got cut by the Vikes...

Back to the WR thing... he did this once b4 when he didnt draft Moss and traded 2 1st round picks for Joey cpl seasons later!

What next... release Romo because he doesnt want to pay his roster bonus after an injury!

nothings changed since last year with Jerry...............and it hasnt changed in 19 years......he dont throw players under the bus.......maybe he should get the benefit of the doubt on this one

cowboyed

Reaction score
MONT17;2480413 said:

Maybe you conveniently didn't read follow up articles that Jerry miss-spoke, the medial amped it up, but the agenda was not to throw Barber under the bus.

Maybe you didn't read that the best receiver draft class was sparse, Jerry was trying to get James Hardy but things didn't fall that way in the selection process. Maybe you should also realize that few first year receivers have a significant impact. Perhaps you don't realize that Jerry Jones was working on obtaining Roy Williams and even Anquan Boldin at one point over the last couple of seasons.

Matt Moore was going to be signed to the practice squad but got snarfed up by Carolina. Hindsighting and convenient memory lapses make a great foundation for a hating agenda.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
There are so many things to bash Jerry for, this isn't one of them.
He misspoke, he admitted it sounded different than he intended.
I think every one does that from time to time.

Now do I wish he would stay away from the mike? Sure do.
He's allot like Pres Bush.;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Jerry wanted to draft a wr and even wanted to trade up in the second round but the others in the room didn't agree so we drafted Bennett instead.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2480513 said:
Jerry wanted to draft a wr and even wanted to trade up in the second round but the others in the room didn't agree so we drafted Bennett instead.

Not a bad move Bennett has some very good talent

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2480554 said:
Not a bad move Bennett has some very good talent

Yeah I agree. Which second round WR could they have gotten that has contributed more than Bennett? Malcom Kelly? HA. Dude can't even stay on the field. The Thomas kid? Please. Bennett has provided more quality play in one quarter than Thomas has all year.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2480633 said:
Yeah I agree. Which second round WR could they have gotten that has contributed more than Bennett? Malcom Kelly? HA. Dude can't even stay on the field. The Thomas kid? Please. Bennett has provided more quality play in one quarter than Thomas has all year.

I think he wanted Sweed or the guy Buffalo drafted.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2480633 said:

True. Grabbing a WR just for the sake of getting one would have been a mistake and the same kind of mistake Dallas made in the past. In this instance Dallas went with BPA who also filled a need and in doing so we have a quaility player in Bennett

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
MONT17;2480413 said:

I assume this isn't just random ranting to get your digs in at Jerry Jones and that you've actually done some analysis that justifies your criticism. So tell me, exactly which rookie would you be willing to give up and for what WR that was drafted in a comparable round would you give him up for?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2480637 said:
I think he wanted Sweed or the guy Buffalo drafted.

It was James Hardy (the guy Buffalo drafted) that got most of the talk - he's knocked out a GREAT season 9 catches for 87 yards with 2 tds! Sweed has been similarly outstanding with 6 catches for 64 yards and 0 tds. The Bennett pick makes clear how much better off we were going that route (17-261 - 4 tds).

Good WRs are tough to find in the draft - even in the earlier rounds. I still like the Williams deal as we got a guy who is a known commodity.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2480669 said:
It was James Hardy (the guy Buffalo drafted) that got most of the talk - he's knocked out a GREAT season 9 catches for 87 yards with 2 tds! Sweed has been similarly outstanding with 6 catches for 64 yards and 0 tds. The Bennett pick makes clear how much better off we were going that route (17-261 - 4 tds).

Good WRs are tough to find in the draft - even in the earlier rounds. I still like the Williams deal as we got a guy who is a known commodity.

I'll be honest I was wanting us to draft Hardy in the 1st round (with our pick before we traded up) but I am more than happy with Bennett.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2480648 said:
I guess some blind hogs never do find that acorn.
Hard to smell food with fingers in your nose picking at boogers.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
cowboyed;2480449 said:
Maybe you conveniently didn't read follow up articles that Jerry miss-spoke, the medial amped it up, but the agenda was not to throw Barber under the bus.
How are follow-up articles more relevant than what he first said? The media amplification goes with anything that happens with the Cowboys. That Jones knew that only lends credence to the most negative slant of what he said.

He knew the importance of the game. He was upset Barber wasn't playing. He wears his emotions on his sleeve. It's not surprising nor the end of the world that Jones made negative comments about Barber, but he should still keep his mouth shut. He can't make questionable comments if he doesn't comment at all.

He probably didn't mean to question Barber's manhood and was probably just disappointed Barber wasn't available for a crucial game, but to pretend he meant it entirely in a different context is reaching.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2480511 said:
There are so many things to bash Jerry for, this isn't one of them.
He misspoke, he admitted it sounded different than he intended.
I think every one does that from time to time.

Has hell frozen over? :p: