What if Jerry promotes Zimmer to head coach?

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
I could see Jerry promoting Zimmer to head coach and and it’s one of my biggest fears. Zimmer is another coach that would be one of Jerry’s puppets and he’d be the perfect yes man. Be on the look out folks! Zimmer very well could be our next coach!

Please don’t do it Jerry. He isn’t a good coach!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I could see Jerry promoting Zimmer to head coach and and it’s one of my biggest fears. Zimmer is another coach that would be one of Jerry’s puppets and he’d be the perfect yes man. Be on the look out folks! Zimmer very well could be our next coach!

It will only happen if he fires MM obviously but MM may get fired if we lose next 7 gqmes

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
If Zimmer gets the top coaching position it should only be as a placeholder.

The speed of change and challenge on NFL rosters means that it is a job for a younger person or someone who could really take control of the squad and the management team.

I would use a similar premise as the one that led us to the hiring of Parcells. This organization has been stagnant on the field, in practice and on the sidelines.

To me the root cause is found in the head office and the locker room. We should look for someone who could make a change in the first two areas and watch how that translates onto the field, practice and the sidelines during the games. The second part of the equation is hiring people who are on staff and can take care of the field, practice and sidelines.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Nothing will change... haters will still be haters and homers will still be homers. We'll all be watching and pounding the keyboard.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
Zimmer checks all of Jerry's boxes. An older white guy who Jerry has history with and relates to. More importantly, Zimmer is desperate and has no other options, and doesnt threaten Jerry. Jerry has all the leverage. Zimmer will work for cheap. Zimmer will be the consummate yes man. Perfect hire for Jerry.

conner01

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. We are 3 months away from getting a major overhaul of the entire coaching staff.
I don’t think he meant now. And I do think we have a whole new staff, but Zimmer heading that staff would not surprise me at all. He’s not what we need but he could easily be a guy Jerry thinks we need. I’d rather bring in a young OC or DC with a young, innovative approach but Jerry wouldn’t do that. The one time he did do that with Garrett was more about him being able to claim he built Garrett and also Moore. I don’t see him bringing in a young guy from outside. To me our best hope would be bill because he would bring one thing we lack as a team and that’s discipline. And he is smart enough to bring in an offensive mind

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What a dumb post! We all know who the Head Coach is!

Who does the jocks and socks.

Want to buy a jersey from a losing team?

Suckers....

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What has Zimmer done to earn the job?

This defense is historically bad. A lot of that is Jerry & Stephen's bad approach to talent acquisition and them losing a lot of depth, but we all know they won't take the blame.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
It would be but there is a good possibility to him doing it which should worry anybody!!
Wouldn’t worry me at all - it is what it is - I wouldn’t be happy but worried ? — nah - it’s a game of millionaires run by billionaires - the Dallas cowboys continue to just be a plaything - fancy car and house for a really rich man who hasn’t given a darn about truly competing for decades
I will always be a cowboy fan and wait / hope for maybe them to get lucky and do something when it counts while a few other teams try harder. All good
At this point in life I don’t worry about the NFL
Money making entertainment industry - I enjoy it while I can