What if Packers get dominated by the Whiners?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Results don't translate. Matchups can yield wildly different results.

We beat the Giants. The Giants beat the Cardinals. The Cardinals Beat Us.
Waiting until after the Packer game gives him more time. McCarthy did not deserve a vote of confidence a few days after that butt kicking.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I think it is more likely the Packers get dominated by the Whiners than make a game out of it. I hate the Whiners and hope they get their butt kicked, but don’t see it.

If the Packers get dominated, it is so stupid that Jerry has already given McCarthy a vote of confidence. He should have waited until after the Whiners game before making any decisions on a coach.

If the Packers get-dominated it is more proof our coaches and players CHOKED and we need to find a new coach!
Tell that to Jerry. never learns

Rowdy1

Reaction score
9ers will obliterate GB no doubt. GB is a young team playing out of their minds but they are not ready for the 9ers unless they have a bad day and forget to play ball like we did lol.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Not really sure what the outcome of the Packers vs 49-ers game has to do with the Cowboys failure. People are literally looking to feel good about anything.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think it is more likely the Packers get dominated by the Whiners than make a game out of it. I hate the Whiners and hope they get their butt kicked, but don’t see it.

If the Packers get dominated, it is so stupid that Jerry has already given McCarthy a vote of confidence. He should have waited until after the Whiners game before making any decisions on a coach.

If the Packers get-dominated it is more proof our coaches and players CHOKED and we need to find a new coach!
It changes nothing. Regardless of the result.

Good teams dictate the results. Enforce their will. We don't have those types of players. We have finesse players.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
They will get dominated. It sucks because I'm at a point where I'm rooting for the niners against GB and Detroit. Detroit has got on my last nerve. I want to see GB lose mainly to highlight how crap we are and what a dumb decision Jerry made. He deserves that.
I expect the Lions to lose in heartbreaking fashion to the Bucs on Sunday. Then the next week the Niners easily roll Tampa.

Reactions: CWR

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see how the Packers can stop the 49ers. The 49ers have All-Pro/Pro-Bowl players at the 6 offensive playmaker positions -- QB, WR1, WR2, TE, RB, and the leagues best FB.

The Packers defense is pretty putrid.

Even if the Packers manage to put up 30 points on offense, I don't see the Packers winning.
We actually scored more points than SF in the regular season. Packers had no trouble stopping us on the road. Sure they are underdogs but SF looked very beatable at home when the Ravens came to town last month.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
I don't see how the Packers can stop the 49ers. The 49ers have All-Pro/Pro-Bowl players at the 6 offensive playmaker positions -- QB, WR1, WR2, TE, RB, and the leagues best FB.

The Packers defense is pretty putrid.

Even if the Packers manage to put up 30 points on offense, I don't see the Packers winning.
Not disagreeing with you but i feel like a bunch of folks used similar logic as to why the packers had no chance against us lol

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
It changes nothing. Regardless of the result.

Good teams dictate the results. Enforce their will. We don't have those types of players. We have finesse players.
A beat down of the Packers makes us look worse. It's possible it changes jerrys mind. Small chance like 5 pct but it's possible.

Steve007

Reaction score
This is one of those games when I hate both teams. So it doesn't matter to me who wins.

To answer the OP, it will simply mean the SF put a real defensive plan in place to stop GB. Completely the opposite of us. Their defense won't allow GB to march up and down the field with free will and have guys running thru their secondary wide open.

As poorly as Dak played, the Cowboys would have won had the defense done their job. Because GB's defense is nothing to get excited about. I expect SF to drop a 33-35 score (if not more) quite easily on them.
I don't see how the Cowboys would have won the game even if the defense would have played better. The cowboys were down 27-0 at one point. 14 points from Daks picks. The offense couldn't do anything against Green bays defense until it was a blow out and they put their reserves in.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
You make a valid point. Why did Jerry make such a quick decision? This could have waited for a while. I think Jerry made this decision before the playoff started.
We should have realized Jerry wasn't doing anything when he went to the locker room after the game. He would only do that to give his wasted season "atta boy, we'll get 'em next year" speech. I would have went straight to my helicopter and flown it into the nearest Chicken Express.