What *IF* the Cowboys were forcibly bought from Jerry Jones?

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
Of course this is not going to happen, but the purpose of this question is how he might cope(?) with it.

The given is he would take it hard - there would be shock and that's to be expected.

After that, then what?

Try to buy another team? An ambitious non-sports venture? Acting really mental because he can't accept the loss?

No, I don't think he could deal with it.

bark

Reaction score
Who cares... If You can make this happen ......do it...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt the mob wants to acquire the Dallas Cowboys franchise. It would be a commodity that's too high profile.

Jerry Jones would cope well if he received a billion plus from the sell. Any buyout figure approaching or exceeding the value of the franchise is just good business.

I doubt Jones would invest in another professional sports franchise. He has always been a 'been there, done that, over stayed my welcome' sort of guy.

However, he would go after another business venture. It's his personally. Something high profile and profitable most likely. Perhaps buy a controlling stake in soft drinks or beer? Hawking Pepsi or Miller Lite is really up his alley.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How might he cope? By consoling himself in the massive amount of money he made.

Brewsters-Millions1.jpeg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wish the NFL would adopt a new rule where the owner of a team has to hire a GM.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Boats and hoes. Prestige International!

I wanted to post the video by I'm pretty sure the mods in these parts would spring leaks.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How might he cope? By consoling himself in the massive amount of money he made.

Brewsters-Millions1.jpeg
Nail on the head. People allow themselves to become so frustrated with Jerry Jones that they sometimes forgets he is not a complicated individual. He is motivated by greed and and overt self-absorption. Another business venture, which would feed his narcissism, would be acceptable to him.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Of course this is not going to happen, but the purpose of this question is how he might cope(?) with it.

The given is he would take it hard - there would be shock and that's to be expected.

After that, then what?

Try to buy another team? An ambitious non-sports venture? Acting really mental because he can't accept the loss?

No, I don't think he could deal with it.

How would you feel if someone forcibly bought your most prized possession? Granted you don't own anything on par with the Dallas Cowboys, but try to image?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He would buy Six-Flags and take over this mans job.........................

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTx3aARD6fs8J0eTuXI77ntklOKyZ3XWugN1FF1ETpC5hXAA-LCtQ

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
How would you feel if someone forcibly bought your most prized possession? Granted you don't own anything on par with the Dallas Cowboys, but try to image?

Granted, that would be very, very hard on the person that possession was taken from, but my motive for this question is not about tormenting Jerry Jones (as he has done to Cowboy fans.)

The question is about how does Jerry deal with failure/accepting there are things he is incapable of doing?

For the other 99.99% of us, we must deal with things we can't do. It could be being a doctor, lawyer, astronaut, millionaire, running a marathon, climbing Mt Killmargo ... We have to face things like that and move on - Jerry seems to think he's an exception.

He's been GM well beyond the time a court would rule he's football incompetent, yet he goes on.

So if the Cowboys were taken from him, I suspect he would do even crazier things.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I wish the NFL would adopt a new rule where the owner of a team has to hire a GM.

Jerry would put him in the back room counting how many Victoria Secret bra's he sells at the stadium.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
To be more explicit than my prior posts: Jerry has had a very long track record of doing crazy things, so in that respect he is the next Al Davis. From the first six month owning the Cowboys acting like a kid on Christmas morning, to his classless firing of Landry, to his cheerleaders remarks, to thinking Quincy Carter is Michael Vick and Jason Garett is Sean Payton. Then every season he always sets expectations so high you can expect disappointment in the end.

I'm conditioned that if the Cowboys were ripped from him, he would take crazy to another level.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It is very clear that Jerry Jones and his ownership of Dallas cowboys goes beyond money. "It's business and personal"

lostar2009

Reaction score
It would take at least 2 billion dollars to buy the Cowboys. The stadium alone is worth 1 billion and i heard he paid half of it off already.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not sure how he would cope with it or how much he'd care about it is supposed to matter to me. If he wasn't the owner of the Dallas Cowboys then I simply wouldn't care what he was doing or what he was feeling.

OhSnap

Reaction score
One time someone forcibly bought my tv from me while I was at work.