What if the shoe was on the other foot?

mrmojo

Reaction score
Weve had games like that before, but JG was still able to be here 10 years, so Im kind of used to expecting the worst at this point.

Rajveer

Reaction score
Thered be plenty of Jerry defenders saying how early it is and it's only two games...which is correct...

But the only impact I've seen McCarthy make on this team has been a negative one, and I cant figure if I feel stunned or foolish.
The jury is still out on MM and it is still too early. However you still have to give in to the fact that, even with all the mistakes and a mask that covers most of MM's face, he still looks more engaged and active as compared to his predecessor, who resembled a deer staring at the headlights, clapping and waiting for the car to run him over.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Haha, glad we don't have to find out. There would be at least two dozen more anti-dak threads, cut Cooper now, fire McCarthy, cut the entire defensive backfield with a Jaylon on top. We would also hear more about Byron Jones, Jamal Adams trade, and maybe 100 more threads on how Earl could have helped us.

Kwyn

Reaction score
What if the Cowboys blew the game in that fashion, not the Falcons? Would this site have survived the meltdown to end all meltdowns?

200.gif

McCarthy, Dak, Jaylon, DLaw - no one would be spared. Jerry? Stephen? Roasted. :muttley:
Pretty sure those guys are getting roasted by the usual suspects even after a win

There is a core of strange self-loathing cowboy fans who love to hate their team. If we win the super bowl their response would be “yeah, it was nice to win it but what took so long and let’s see them do it again.”

and that would be in the post game celebration thread

Dallasfann

Reaction score
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201112110dal.htm

up 12 with 5:41 to play and lost

That's the one I remember:

4 12:43 Cowboys Miles Austin 6 yard pass from Tony Romo (Dan Bailey kick) 22 27
5:41 Cowboys Dez Bryant 50 yard pass from Tony Romo (Dan Bailey kick) 22 34
3:14 Giants Jake Ballard 8 yard pass from Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes kick) 29 34
0:46 Giants Brandon Jacobs 1 yard rush (Danny Ware run) 37 34

Ironically in that game, Romo leads us 51 yards in 40 seconds with no timeouts only to have a 47 yard fg ( same distance Greg had yesterday )blocked and on a day he went 21/31 with 300 + yards and 4 TDS no TO's. Poor guy never got help from anyone.

Flamma

Reaction score
There was a Commanders game I want to say we had at least a 2TD lead with close to 2 min left and lost the game. I think it was RGIII era.

Edit: it was 2005, Cowboys were leading 13-0 with 4 min to play, Mark Brunell had two long TD plays to Santana Moss to win the game 14-13. Not quite as bad as yesterday, but heartbreaking nonetheless.

I remember the game. I was watching it at work. Cowboys had a last shot but couldn't do anything.

The only really screwed up losses I can remember was that Thanksgiving game where Leon Lett attempted to recover the blocked FG.

The game against the Lions where I believe the Cowboys had a 31-3 or 27-3 lead midway through the 3rd and Tony Romo single handedly led the Lions back for a win. And I like Romo. That wasn't one of those days.

This win reminds me of that Quincy Carter to Antonio Bryant unlikely win. And 2007 against the Bills.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
What if the Cowboys blew the game in that fashion, not the Falcons? Would this site have survived the meltdown to end all meltdowns?

200.gif

McCarthy, Dak, Jaylon, DLaw - no one would be spared. Jerry? Stephen? Roasted. :muttley:

In the Detroit game a few years back that happened a big lead by the Cowboys vanished and HC and QB took the blame.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Each year you are going to win at least one game you shouldn't have & lose at least one game you shouldn't have. This was our freebie.