What if there was no more Dallas in the Cowboys?

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
I know this is a crazy question, but I am interested in how you would take the news.For some of us being a Cowboys fan not from of the great of Texas is just how it has always been. For some of you it was a natural home state choice. However you became a Dallas Cowboys fan, How would you take the news they would no longer be in Texas? Would you support the team that replaced them? Would you become a new Texans fan or would you follow your ( place first name here) Cowboys where ever they went? I know new plans and new stadium. The Cowboys are going nowhere but then again the new stadium is not open yet with the cowboys the team playing in it.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I would still root for the Cowboys...

I might also root for the team that comes to Dallas, but no team will come before the Cowboys.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I figure out-of-staters would have less problems following the Cowboys in their new location, but Texas natives will have some difficulty being loyal, especially if there is a new Dallas team. I imagine many of the diehard Ravens fans are Colts fans from the Johnny Unitas days who were just waiting for a new squad they could call the "home team." I prefer not to think about it. I would probably resemble that famous head explosion scene from Scanners if I tried to figure out if I should remain loyal to the DALLAS or the COWBOYS, if I hadn't already spontaneously combusted when hearing the news. :eek:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
The league would never allow this to happen. It would be like the Yankees leaving New York. Waaaaaayyyy too much tradition there and waaaaaay too many fans. Luckily our head will not have to be duct tapped back together since we won't hear this news.

But to answer the question. I would still follow the Cowboys.

BlueWave

Reaction score
I guess I'm a Cowboys fan first, even if they became the Los Angeles Cowboys or something, though it would be hard to swallow. I'm not from Dallas or Texas and have never lived there.

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
So, most of you would be more loyal to the players you hve seen drafted and gotten to know than the Dallas Cowboys?:confused:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
You mean like if they moved to Irving or Arlington?

:wink2:

Jimmie

Reaction score
they will never leave Texas... period. end of story.

why worry about what would I do, if they were to leave?:starspin

sago1

Reaction score
Cowboys aren't leaving Texas and aren't giving up the Dallas part of their name even if they play in Arlington, etc. NY Giants & NY Jets are still called NY even tho they playing in New Jersey. In any case I'm a Cowboy fan; have never lived in Texas & don't care where they move. I'm going with this team and these players.

paladin

Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:
So, most of you would be more loyal to the players you hve seen drafted and gotten to know than the Dallas Cowboys?:confused:
It's sad, but i think most nowadays merely root for the uniform. For good or bad, free agency forever changed the relationship between a team and it's fans.

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
sago1 said:
Cowboys aren't leaving Texas and aren't giving up the Dallas part of their name even if they play in Arlington, etc. NY Giants & NY Jets are still called NY even tho they playing in New Jersey. In any case I'm a Cowboy fan; have never lived in Texas & don't care where they move. I'm going with this team and these players.
Do you realize that when the last original Cowboy is gone ,you will become a totally new NFL fan?

Jimmie

Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:
Do you realize that when the last original Cowboy is gone ,you will become a totally new NFL fan?

when the last original cowboy is gone, we'll all still be fans of this team/organization..... and, correct me if im wrong, but everyone of the "original" cowboys are gone, have been for a loooooong time now!:starspin

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I'm not from Texas, I grew up in SoCal and now live in NC so it wouldn't matter that much to me where they went, they'd still be my team.

That said, it will never happen so why worry about it?

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:

I think it's more of our LOYALTY being for THE STAR on the helmet.and I am not talking about the other teams with stars on their helmets(patties and titans).

Corrcet me if I am wrong but, the Cowboys haven't actually played IN Dallas in a very looooong time. The Irving Cowboys or the Arlington Cowboys just doesn't sound right IMO.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:
I know this is a crazy question, but I am interested in how you would take the news.For some of us being a Cowboys fan not from of the great of Texas is just how it has always been. For some of you it was a natural home state choice. However you became a Dallas Cowboys fan, How would you take the news they would no longer be in Texas? Would you support the team that replaced them? Would you become a new Texans fan or would you follow your ( place first name here) Cowboys where ever they went? I know new plans and new stadium. The Cowboys are going nowhere but then again the new stadium is not open yet with the cowboys the team playing in it.

No way jose... complete blasphemy!!!

I know there are lots of Cowboy fans that aren't from Texas or even the USA, but it really is easy for me since I'm a local and I root for local teams... I'm only 3 hours from Dallas, so it's an easy decision.

If I wasn't from Texas... well I really don't know how to respond to that, because I couldn't imagine how that would ever turn out or who I'd root for... so I don't even consider the possibilities...

Furthermore, the Dallas Cowboys would NEVER leave Dallas and that's that...

BUUUT, IF that ever happened, I'd probably take up co-ed naked curling or some sort of cross between hockey and badminton.:lmao:

Angus

Reaction score
When the Dallas Texans left the team dropped not only the Dallas part of the name but became the Kansas City Chiefs. The Colts also started out in Dallas, I believe. If the Cowboys leave, the team might also drop the name "Cowboys." Would you still follow the Tuscon Tigers?

Marty R

Reaction score
IF the Cowboys were to exit stage left, the NFL would make the tean rename themselves and would soon thereafter put a "NEW" Cowboys Organization in place much like what happened with the Browns/Ravens when Art Model pulled up roots. IMHO