What if there was no more Dallas in the Cowboys?

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
Angus said:
When the Dallas Texans left the team dropped not only the Dallas part of the name but became the Kansas City Chiefs. The Colts also started out in Dallas, I believe. If the Cowboys leave, the team might also drop the name "Cowboys." Would you still follow the Tuscon Tigers?[/quot Oh,ahhhh,hummmmmmmm........ Yes I would because I know the players. I would however find a new love for what ever team replaced the old Cowboys even if it was crazy at first. Dallas Stars, Arlington Cowboys, i don't know as long as it was the same franchise.

jem88

Reaction score
paladin78749 said:
It's sad, but i think most nowadays merely root for the uniform. For good or bad, free agency forever changed the relationship between a team and it's fans.
I don't see anything sad in that at all. It's the same mentality that allows us (some more begrudgingly than others) to support T.O. now that he's wearing the star.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
well it would ruin my plans of moving to texas so i can watch the cowboys and go see them play...so it would suck! i would have to say ever a Commander/eagle/giant fan would have to agree with this becasuse the Washington Commanders v.s. the L.A. Cowboys just don't have it, never mess with the original

calico

Reaction score
If the Cowboys left Texas, then I would cease watching the NFL. Honestly, about 5 years ago I could not think of this happening and I would vomit at the thought...but now, I am no longer that much of a fan of NFL football. It is a watered down product that is a shell of its former self. I have found myself a huge fan of college football right now because the game has alot more passion than pro football. I could probably walk away from pro football if the Cowboys left with no problem...even though they won't because the new stadium just bought them another 30 years or so in Texas for sure.

The DALLAS Cowboys are the only NFL team I have known and will know...

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I hope they never mess with the Cowboys name. Dallas Cowboys sounds Classy. The NFL without the Cowboys is like, A ''hotdog'' without its main ingredient... u know wuts up. Now if they leave Texas, I dunno its gonna be hella' wierd. LA cowboys? kinda messed up...I WILL GO WITH THE COWBOYS ALL DAY EVERYDAY..

:laugh2:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
but seriously, if there were no Cowboys in Dallas, or Irving, that would mean no Jerry Jones as owner, and most likely, no Stephen Jones, as it would mean JJ most likely sold the team, I've grown a certain fondness for both, esp. Jerry, considering I felt that he was a hapless, meddlesome, owner for awhile, but not after how he's changed these last few years, and what he's done for the NFL headlining getting a new CBA done

*shudders* what if an owner like Bidwell bought the team?

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
I'd become one of those old Colts/Browns fans, but take it a step further.

I'd hate the Cowboys, and hate even worse the owner that took my beloved Cowboys away.

Assassination would be an option.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
but seriously, if there were no Cowboys in Dallas, or Irving, that would mean no Jerry Jones as owner, and most likely, no Stephen Jones, as it would mean JJ most likely sold the team, I've grown a certain fondness for both, esp. Jerry, considering I felt that he was a hapless, meddlesome, owner for awhile, but not after how he's changed these last few years, and what he's done for the NFL headlining getting a new CBA done

*shudders* what if an owner like Bidwell bought the team?

good pt. Its sure gonna be wierd when no JJ nor Stephen are in charge of the cowboys no more. :(

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
kØwbØy said:
good pt. Its sure gonna be wierd when no JJ nor Stephen are in charge of the cowboys no more. :(

it will be like the England Empire it will be handed down from generation to generation...untell someone like Nors tries to be head JErry jones the XXXVII

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
kØwbØy said:

having an owner who cares so much about his team, his fans, his city and winning, is priceless, it be a shame if someone like Bill Bidwell was running things

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
it is a n interesting question...The Cowobys are the only NFL team I can think of that can turn a profit in Los Angeles...the Hollywood Cowboys...not that bad a sounding name...but I REALLY like the sound of the Dallas Cowboys better

Angus

Reaction score
I have a confession. I was originally a Dallas Texans fan, not a Cowboys fan, and when the Texans left Dallas I blamed the Cowboys for running them out of town. But my pique cooled and I never became a Chiefs fan. Instead I soon transferred my allegiance to Tom Landry and the Cowboys and it has been there ever since. You may think you know how you would react to a new situation, but until it happens you really don't know.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Dallas 67 said:
I know this is a crazy question, but I am interested in how you would take the news.For some of us being a Cowboys fan not from of the great of Texas is just how it has always been. For some of you it was a natural home state choice. However you became a Dallas Cowboys fan, How would you take the news they would no longer be in Texas? Would you support the team that replaced them? Would you become a new Texans fan or would you follow your ( place first name here) Cowboys where ever they went? I know new plans and new stadium. The Cowboys are going nowhere but then again the new stadium is not open yet with the cowboys the team playing in it.

Hey, nice twist in an otherwise semi-normal world. Thinking out of the box. Dare to be different........BAN HIM!!!!
icon12.gif

Tough question. This is why one should have a second favorite team for just such a catatrophe. Your second favorite team would then become your new first favorite team, so on and so forth. Hopefully, the grim reaper would come knockin' at your door before you'd eventually have the Commanders as your second favorite team.

Bleed Blue

Dallas 67
Reaction score
Thanks, for all your replies! This one is probably one of the hardist questions any Cowboys fan could be faced with. We all have different reasons and ways we became fans of this franchise, the only thing that matters is that we are fans of "The Dallas Cowboys" period. Heres hoping we never have to face the question of them ever leaving!