Twitter: What if Tua was on the board at 17?

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
...and Dak still isn't signed to a long term extension?

Would Jerry have the stones to draft him if he's BPA? Depending on his medicals, I would. Thoughts?

InTheZone

Reaction score
This guy will not be good in the NFL. Somebody is going to regret this pick. And I feel much the same about Herbert.
Surely with offensive talent at literally every position on offense (LG is questionable) the next QB can take his time developing. If we're still wondering after 4 years if he's the real deal then maybe you would be right.

This team needs new blood. We got the coaches, just need the QB and defense to change.

erod

Reaction score
Surely with offensive talent at literally every position on offense (LG is questionable) the next QB can take his time developing. If we're still wondering after 4 years if he's the real deal then maybe you would be right.

This team needs new blood. We got the coaches, just need the QB and defense to change.
I agree, but I just don't see Tua as a bigtime NFL quarterback. I could be wrong, of course, but he doesn't look the part to me.

What happens when his team isn't 50% better than every team he plays? He's short, not terribly athletic, injury-prone, and hasn't been asked to be a precision passer.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He won't be there, he's too "Mahomesish" for that many teams to pass on him.

With the injury prone question hanging out there and QB being the devil you know in Prescott and the needs for immediate players, Tua would be a luxury pick on a team needing necessities.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
th

Creeper

Reaction score
What would he fall to 17? Medical? I don't think Dallas needs him but I might entertain offers if someone wants to trade up for him.

garyv

Reaction score

Would Jerry have the stones to draft him if he's BPA? Depending on his medicals, I would. Thoughts?

I posted this in the forum over a week ago and not many said they would draft him most said try to package him
to a team that wants to move up. Most felt Dak is their QB and he will get signed. This is what I took from the replies.

kevinhickey

Reaction score

If he isn’t signed and I was happy with his medical rechecks; I would send in his name and move on with Tua. The fact that Dak isn’t signed says that the amount Dak wants is not what Jerry is willing to spend. I could then trade Dak to a team for picks. I don’t think it will happen.

visionary

Reaction score
If he’s there and passed the physical and we haven’t signed Dak long term you take him

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think its possible that he is there at 17.

It's a pipe dream, but if someone wants to offer some decent picks to get him you've probably got to take it.

It only takes one team to be in love w him and want to do that, but I'd say it's more likely that team doesnt wait until pick 17 to go get him.

kskboys

Reaction score
He will not be.

I think you haven't assessed very well the extreme need to have a competent QB in the NFL