Twitter: What if Tua was on the board at 17?

Rayman70

Reaction score
IF Tua is on the board you find a trade partner and listen to all offers. RAKE IN THE FUTURE DRAFT PICKS AND SO FORTH. If you cannot find a trade partner, you draft him then hope you can still use him as a trade piece on day 2 of the draft. You just cant pass him up. TRADE THAT PICK OR DRAFT HIM.

J-man

Reaction score
trade back, but not far, only as far as the early 20's and only if you can still get what you need, i.e. S, DL,CB, TE

Rayman70

Reaction score
honest guys, we have no choice but to draft him at 17 if we cannot find a trade partner. THEN maybe work the phones during the draft and see if we can trade his rights for picks and players. WE WOULD HAVE NO CHOICE.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Draft him. Worry with what you do with him later. He could be a trade later or at draft time.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
So with these rumors about Dak not showing up until signed to a long term contract. Are we closer to entertaining QB at 17? I know I know, From the horses mouth, Dak is the franchise but do we honestly believe all of that? If there is no question that he is our future, I feel that Dak would’ve been signed a long time ago for whatever money he wants.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he's there and an awesome player we really need, like a outstanding DT or safety, you select the player that will most help the team. I understand trading for picks, but I've seen the Cowboys screw-up and trade away positions of need instead of taking great players in the past. This willingness to get cute and gamble in the past is another reason we haven't been to the SB in 25 years!

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I just think that QB just might be in play. I think the owners know what they have in Dak not top 5 but top 10 who needs a supporting cast. I think with the way Jerry looks at things, he’s looking for a splash like a Mahommes and intangibles of an Aaron Rodgers.

If that’s the case I could see us signing Brady for a couple years, and drafting a QB at 17.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
A lot of butthurt college fans in here dissing Tua.

If Tua is there at 17, you freakin take him and avoid the massive contract Dak wants

cowboyec

Reaction score
i love draft season.
love these "what ifs".
you take him and consequences be damned.
but he aint makin' it to 17.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He's not going to be there. But if he is, you take him and don't look back.
This man has uncanny accuracy, the type Dak doesn't have.
You put him behind a real NFL offensive line, goodbye passes behind receivers.
The hip is going to be a big question. That's my only concern.
But if he's available at 17, no team is going to give up a boatload of picks to jump up and get him. If he drops that low, the interest in giving up multiple picks for him diminishes.
Besides, Dak better hope Tua doesn't recover fully and get a chance to show his talent during preseason.
Word from Bama was that Saban and the team really were behind Tua, but Jalen was the team's quarterback at the time and had led them to the National Championship, so he was going to get his chance to start until he couldn't deliver. Enter Tua in the game against Georgia.

Flamma

Reaction score
i love draft season.
love these "what ifs".
you take him and consequences be damned.
but he aint makin' it to 17.

Dolphins, Chargers, Colts, Jags, Panthers, Bucs, would all have to pass on him. There has to be some serious video for that to happen.

Flamma

Reaction score
A lot of butthurt college fans in here dissing Tua.

If Tua is there at 17, you freakin take him and avoid the massive contract Dak wants

I'd actually do that now with Jordan Love. Trade down and pick him up late in the first. I just don't think Dak is worth that cap hit.

stinkface

Reaction score
He will go in the top 10 unless the hip is trashed and I mean totally trashed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Tua is on board at 17 then something is very wrong with him.

This guy is potentially the next Steve Young or Russell Wilson.

This is a special player who is one of the most natural passers i've ever seen in college.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not getting past Miami who can afford to redshirt him this year. He's better than Joe Burrow when healthy.