What if we lose to Washington?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have no shot of winning the Super Bowl! I’d rather lose and get best pick available, instead of winning meaningless games and ruining our draft position. We had a good draft this year, let’s hope these guys continue to get better next year, we have another good draft and get our guys healthy again. We should be competing next year!

So lose and create a losing mentality. Winning creates a winning mentality. They are not eliminated from the playoffs, so this thinking is absurd.

A winning attitude is far better than a few spots in the draft at this point in time.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
A loss is probably the best thing possible for the future... a win literally does nothing.

this team is not good enough to do anything so essentially winning this division will set us back. Not that it matters but I’ve waited a long time for this team to win...: I can wait a little longer, no big deal here.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A loss is probably the best thing possible for the future... a win literally does nothing.

this team is not good enough to do anything so essentially winning this division will set us back. Not that it matters but I’ve waited a long time for this team to win...: I can wait a little longer, no big deal here.

A win keeps us in 1st place. 1st place means you made the playoffs, for those that do not know that, or have overlooked that concept.
Get to the playoffs and be playing well, then anything can happen. Also for those that do not know that, or have overlooked that concept.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
So lose and create a losing mentality. Winning creates a winning mentality. They are not eliminated from the playoffs, so this thinking is absurd.

A winning attitude is far better than a few spots in the draft at this point in time.

:clap::clap:just fan talk coz players are playing for a job or to keep their job/contract. They can care less about a draft pick. In fact, most vets don't even trust rookies until they prove themselves. All the tanking and playing for draft ranking is 100% fan motivated.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A win keeps us in 1st place. 1st place means you made the playoffs, for those that do not know that, or have overlooked that concept.
Get to the playoffs and be playing well, then anything can happen. Also for those that do not know that, or have overlooked that concept.

this ^^^^^^

Creeper

Reaction score
I look at it this way, but I am sure others don't. The Cowboys are not doing to win anything this season given the injuries, locker room discontent expressed in excuses about coaching, and the soft play of the defense. Sometimes losing is a good thing and now is one of those times. Of course I want the Cowboys to win, but every loss takes them one step closer to drafting an impact player for the defense. Is it possible the Cowboys go another off season without finding a DT or S who can actually make things happen?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

It depends what you count as winning. If you're satisfied with winning the NFC Least and then getting knocked out in the first round of play-offs then we're potential winners.

If you have aspirations of ever winning it all then we need to rebuild and stop compounding matters by giving long term contracts and restructuring them so that we're paying players long after their performance warrants the money (or in Romo's case, has already retired).

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
That is crazy

This, if Dalton is not it go with the JMU kid and get ready for the future. Backing into the PO and getting your butts handed to you in the first round, does NOTHING to help this team with all of there problems.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It depends what you count as winning. If you're satisfied with winning the NFC Least and then getting knocked out in the first round of play-offs then we're potential winners.

If you have aspirations of ever winning it all then we need to rebuild and stop compounding matters by giving long term contracts and restructuring them so that we're paying players long after their performance warrants the money (or in Romo's case, has already retired).

Apparently you missed my other post below to the one you responded to.

blueblood70

Reaction score
throwing in the towel before November[/QUOTE]
exactly this place has gone straight downhill with about 90% negativity, sad place t visit now.

until you ate mathematically eliminated you pay to win games...

let nature take sit course if we lose naturally , get higher pick, great but in no way do i hope for losses that not what real fans do..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

BS with a capital B.....either you winners or losers

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YNooFZPfmgE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YNooFZPfmgE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
exactly this place has gone straight downhill with about 90% negativity, sad place t visit now.

until you ate mathematically eliminated you pay to win games...

let nature take sit course if we lose naturally , get higher pick, great but in no way do i hope for losses that not what real fans do..

:clap::clap::clap:Some fans are worst than what they accuse players of being........losers.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Apparently you missed my other post below to the one you responded to.

No I saw that post about getting to the play-offs and anything can happen.

News for you ....this isnt baseball. The better team normally wins.

You're implying that we win the Least and then get to the SB :lmao:

Techsass

Reaction score
We have no shot of winning the Super Bowl! I’d rather lose and get best pick available, instead of winning meaningless games and ruining our draft position. We had a good draft this year, let’s hope these guys continue to get better next year, we have another good draft and get our guys healthy again. We should be competing next year!
I totally get what you're saying, but we can't promote a culture of failure if we want to become a better team. I can't see us doing anything this season, but I want our players giving it everything they've got while they're on the field.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OIP.eE6JmPLtql17B9oCg3vzxwHaEK

Darkhound

Reaction score
As for myself... I just want to see what good player we keep and have tried my hardest to enjoy the season. Will be fun to watch the Chiefs with the MERCENARY DESPICABLE Bell (Ihate him) and the Bucs with the pysco Antonio Brown

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I totally get what you're saying, but we can't promote a culture of failure if we want to become a better team. I can't see us doing anything this season, but I want our players giving it everything they've got while they're on the field.

The organisation has already picked up culture of beating up the weak only to cower against the stronger teams.

We have a 40-24 record over the last four years and just 1 play-off win.

Same old, same old.

I'm not advocating tanking, though I would support not restructuring already expensive contracts and not spending on FA's (not that we'll have the money to do so).

We have to draw a line in the sand and accept that we arent going to challenge for SB's continuing the way we have.

Problem is with JJ's age and his desire to win a SB now.

Sometimes you have to retreat to win the war.