What if Zimmer really isn't the problem?

rexrobinson

Reaction score
because the thread title says what if Zimmer isn't the problem suggesting there is more than just bad prep work and coaching at fault.

Most of us point our fingers at Bradie James. Buddy Ryan in his prime could be coaching this defense and if Bradie James is the anchor we would still suck.

TEK2000

Reaction score
I see what all you are saying Doomsday, but, in the back of my mind I just keep thinking that its got to be something to do with how these guys are being taught. Perhaps the techniques on how they are being taught to beat their man is what might be the problem?

Watching San Diego, their DLinemen go all out rushing the QB on many plays and then play the run as it comes at them. A big key for them might be the fact that BOTH of their Inside LBers are 11 year veterans where 1 of ours got the starting job due to Dat being injured and retiring and the other is playing his first year in the 3-4.

I wouldn't mind getting a new DC, new DLine coach, and a new OLine coach.

Then again, it could just be Parcells. There's really no telling.. I just hope to hell they get whatever it is FIXED!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Its hard to believe that BP suddenly forgot how to teach players to rush the QB. That has never been an issue with one of his teams in the past. At some point you have to put the blame on the players not making plays.

MetalHead

Benched
Reaction score
I'm big time on the GROZ movement,but if he is not the problem,then his departure is one step closer to clarity.

We all know who the real problem is.