What if..

50cent

Reaction score
we draft Thomas Howard of UTEP in a trade down and use him ala Darren Woodson at S. There were talks that he would move to S and he started his career at UTEP as a walk on S. He runs in the 4.4s and was noted as blanketing TE at the senior bowl. Just a thought, because he is fast enough to play deep and will hit you.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
50cent said:
we draft Thomas Howard of UTEP in a trade down and use him ala Darren Woodson at S. There were talks that he would move to S and he started his career at UTEP as a walk on S. He runs in the 4.4s and was noted as blanketing TE at the senior bowl. Just a thought, because he is fast enough to play deep and will hit you.

Absolutely not.

Playing safety is less about speed then it is for a CB.

If it were about speed, we could just try and sign Maurice Green to play FS.

Not to mention the fact that it would, again, move Roy Williams back to FS where he simply isn't as good of a player.

Thomas Howard at OLB? Maybe.

Thomas Howard at Safety? No freakin' way.

50cent

Reaction score
Rack said:
Absolutely not.

Playing safety is less about speed then it is for a CB.

If it were about speed, we could just try and sign Maurice Green to play FS.

Not to mention the fact that it would, again, move Roy Williams back to FS where he simply isn't as good of a player.

Thomas Howard at OLB? Maybe.

Thomas Howard at Safety? No freakin' way.
Howard has been worked out as a S as stated earlier, so its not out of the realm of possibilty. As for moving Roy to FS, I disagree. It makes our Ss interchangable again and that was Roy best season as a pro IMO.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I got this wild and crazy idea

How about we draft a FS and play him at FS!

Crazy I know

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
50cent said:
Howard has been worked out as a S as stated earlier, so its not out of the realm of possibilty. As for moving Roy to FS, I disagree. It makes our Ss interchangable again and that was Roy best season as a pro IMO.

Thomas Howard won't play safety for the Cowboys. Period.

Book it.

Write it down.

Quote it.

Whatever.

But most of all, get it through your head. If we draft someoen to play safety, it will be a safety.

I got this wild and crazy idea

How about we draft a FS and play him at FS!

Crazy I know

:hammer: