News: What I'll remember about Valley Ranch: Surreal debut; scary exchange with Charles Haley

CCBoy

Reaction score
What I'll remember about Valley Ranch: Surreal debut; scary exchange with Charles Haley
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowb...rreal-debut-scary-exchange-with-charles-haley

Thursday is the Cowboys’ final practice at Valley Ranch, their practice facility since 1985. ESPN’s Ed Werder, Jean-Jacques Taylor and Todd Archer have been around the team for most of that tenure and offer up their memories from the collapse of the team’s indoor facility, the Jerry Jones-Jimmy Johnson feud and Charles Haley’s mean streak.

IRVING, Texas -- When you've spent the past 22 years -- nearly half of my life -- covering the Dallas Cowboys at their Valley Ranch training complex, it's impossible to have just one compelling memory.

It's more like a like a flood of snapshots from covering six head coaches, and Hall of Fame players Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Michael Irvin, Larry Allen, Deion Sanders and Charles Haley.

Here are three vignettes that reveal the most about my time at Valley Ranch...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I think that at this juncture, it would really do us Cowboys fans to realize just who we are and have a reawakening of strong sentiments for our Cowboys.

This is the final cut from the old and traditional elements around the Dallas franchise.

Perhaps, returning the old roots for rooting for out team should be the very next step in our fandom. Actually getting loud and supporting the team, and showing the type of fan love that they still deserve. This time around, we as fans, can just set aside our own frustrations and emotions to bring a supportive environment for our Cowboys to play in. Once again!

Show some pride and respect for our team...

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
In other words. The bandwagon is getting ready to pull out! It's safe to climb aboard now. Everything will be ok. Your feelings is the only thing you risk and the risk is at a modern time low. So be strong.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
honestly i thought with JG's connections to the glory days I would have anticipated more inspiration from the old guys coming back and working with folks, Newton, Allen, Irvin, Emmitt, Moose, woodson, prime, etc.