What is a PB RB worth...?

ghst187

Reaction score
With Sh Alexander and Edge James hitting the FA market this offseason and everyone talking about how they are unlikely to re-sign with their current teams and the blow that those teams will take.....I have to ask exactly what does everyone think they are worth.
I'm not trying to turn this into a "Dallas should sign anyone" thread. I just really don't think there will be a lot of teams out there that are willing to pay big bucks for Alexander or Edge, certainly not the kind of money they are probably expecting. One of the reasons I contend this is that of all the positions a rookie can step in and impact, RB is one of them. There are some studs in this draft, D Williams, Bush, Maroney...that will impact day 1. Also, how many teams out there actually don't have a viable RB? Zona? Carolina?
Anyone else think Alexander and Edge resign with their current teams and thus create a big non-story after all the buzz?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ghst187 said:
Anyone else think Alexander and Edge resign with their current teams and thus create a big non-story after all the buzz?
I agree with Chris Mortenson when he reported that teams are going young at RB and the market for older RB's is soft. So the demand for guys like Edge and Alexander isn't what it may appear to be. My guess is at least one signs with their own team and that neither gets a blockbuster contract.

montgod

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that the NFL is looking more towards the younger backs then the already established older, but better backs. I almost feel sorry for Alexander and James (then I remember that they are still millionares...haha) since they have really paid their dues only for them not to obtain the big payday they THINK they will get.

However, I could easily see Alexander leaving and going to a team like Carolina or Jacksonville. That is a perfect fit for Carolina and would make them a little more scary as a team. Mind you, even if he did leave, I don't see him getting a big payday in Carolina either.

If Alexander wants the money, he better put this pride aside and work things out to stay in Seattle because no one else will pay him more imo.

Same thing with James, but he seems like he is past the point of any return. I can't imagine where he would end up except for maybe some reject team like the Vikings or Arizona. Then again, Denver is always looking for a back no matter how many they already have...haha. Or he could be a cheaper option for Carolina if they don't get Alexander (if they are even interested in him in the first place) and a nice option for Jacksonville too.