What is clear to me is...

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
...that the Cowboys are not doing any game planning. On offense, they are running plays simply to see certain things. Yes they are trying to score, but the approach is much different now than it would be in a regular season game. In other words, it's practice.

On defense, they are just lining up in a base D for the most part -- "vanilla" as Wade called it.

As I've said before here, I coached for a living for 18 years and even though it's professional ball, I can tell when a team is gameplanning/scheming and when they aren't. Oh yeah, both the Chargers and the Broncs were playing to win -- AKA "gameplanning." Hey, it's the Cowboys. Just watch, the Texans -- and this is their "Superbowl" coming next week -- will play like a playoff spot is on the line.

Chill, it'll all be OK come Sept 7th. :starspin

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
We always use the 3rd preseason game as a preview for the season so we should see some game planning. We should see alot of passes to whoever Reeves is covering.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2196974 said:
As I've said before here, I coached for a living for 18 years and even though it's professional ball
:laugh: Maybe you could go help Stewart. He needs it.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2196979 said:
We always use the 3rd preseason game as a preview for the season so we should see some game planning. We should see alot of passes to whoever Reeves is covering.

I agree. They'll prepare like a "real game" -- for the most part -- next week and it's the only time they'll do it out of the 4 PS games. But keep in mind, they won't be having meetings -- and I man LONG meetings -- to prepare for the Texans and that's an important part of prepping for a game.

Hey, these are glorified practices. The only thing I'm upset about is that I'm setting $79x2 on fire for these next two games! What a ripoff...paying full price for 2 PS games if you want season tix! :eek: :starspin

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;2196979 said:
We should see alot of passes to whoever Reeves is covering.
:eek:

:muttley:

Does that mean one of our favorite posters will return?

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2196985 said:
:laugh: Maybe you could go help Stewart. He needs it.

Meh...dude knows more football than me. :) Let me tell you Wade is a hell of a football man. I've met him many times -- we went to the same HS, although he's 20 years older -- and he used to visit us when I was coaching there every single year.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Speaking of Reeves, talking to "Texan Fan," you'd think that they signed Deon Sanders in his prime!

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2196993 said:
Meh...dude knows more football than me. :) Let me tell you Wade is a hell of a football man. I've met him many times -- we went to the same HS, although he's 20 years older -- and he used to visit us when I was coaching there every single year.
I like Wade as a coach. Just not a head coach.

He doesn't strike me as a leader, and his record has borne that out. I'm skeptical until he proves otherwise.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I dont think SD or Denver game planned either. They just happen to be playing at home and usually home teams have a little more energy in the preseason.

The team looked lethargic, when you realize the traveling they have been doing and then add in the two physical practices with denver on wed and thursday it makes sense.

I am sure they will come after houston, it may not turn out any different but I think we will see an enthusiastic crowd and team.

Mansta54

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2196974 said:
...that the Cowboys are not doing any game planning. On offense, they are running plays simply to see certain things. Yes they are trying to score, but the approach is much different now than it would be in a regular season game. In other words, it's practice.

On defense, they are just lining up in a base D for the most part -- "vanilla" as Wade called it.

As I've said before here, I coached for a living for 18 years and even though it's professional ball, I can tell when a team is gameplanning/scheming and when they aren't. Oh yeah, both the Chargers and the Broncs were playing to win -- AKA "gameplanning." Hey, it's the Cowboys. Just watch, the Texans -- and this is their "Superbowl" coming next week -- will play like a playoff spot is on the line.

Chill, it'll all be OK come Sept 7th. :starspin
Finally, someone who understands what preseason is all about. Very nice post dude....:bow:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2196988 said:
I agree. They'll prepare like a "real game" -- for the most part -- next week and it's the only time they'll do it out of the 4 PS games. But keep in mind, they won't be having meetings -- and I man LONG meetings -- to prepare for the Texans and that's an important part of prepping for a game.

Hey, these are glorified practices. The only thing I'm upset about is that I'm setting $79x2 on fire for these next two games! What a ripoff...paying full price for 2 PS games if you want season tix! :eek: :starspin

Hey, I had to pay $70x2 for the stupid Ravens/Rams preseason game next week so I could purchase tickets for the Cowboys/Rams game in October. Had to buy 2 for the Bills/Rams and Giants/Rams as well. I can at least get decent money for those, and even a profit for the Giants game. I was lucky to sell the pair of Ravens tickets for $20 on ebay. Love that $120 loss for lame preseason games.