What is Rock Bottom? - The 2024 Dallas Cowboys

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Football is a luxury for me. I treat this game as something to get away from the platitudes of life that one must go through on a weekly basis.

Football got me through that. I used to look forward to Cowboys games, even could say at one time I was a Dak fan. People would say the Cowboys players only pay for money and I’d be the first to argue back. I can’t anymore.

This franchise has taken away even the 3 false hours of joy i’ve built up to have throughout the week. Never have I been the one to turn off a game, happened 3 times this season.

Is it just me, or are the Cowboys just not Cowboying for you guys anymore? They have treated this team and fanbase as idiots so much that I have distaste in my mouth even being associated with this team. I can’t go anywhere either, i’ve been a fan for 24 years born in 93 haven’t seen anything done by this franchise other than embarrassing the fanbase

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Football is a luxury for me. I treat this game as something to get away from the platitudes of life that one must go through on a weekly basis.

Football got me through that. I used to look forward to Cowboys games, even could say at one time I was a Dak fan. People would say the Cowboys players only pay for money and I’d be the first to argue back. I can’t anymore.

This franchise has taken away even the 3 false hours of joy i’ve built up to have throughout the week. Never have I been the one to turn off a game, happened 3 times this season.

Is it just me, or are the Cowboys just not Cowboying for you guys anymore? They have treated this team and fanbase as idiots so much that I have distaste in my mouth even being associated with this team. I can’t go anywhere either, i’ve been a fan for 24 years born in 93 haven’t seen anything done by this franchise other than embarrassing the fanbase
I do feel bad for young folks like yourself who have never seen America's team, rather you've seen Jerry's team.

In your lifetime of fandom, Dallas is right there with Cleveland, Carolina, NY Jets, and Arizona as the worst franchises in the league.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You just have to learn to enjoy watching Jerry humiliated and frustrated on national tv without it impacting your day. Expect nothing and remember its not forever. He will die one day.

Eddie

Reaction score
I don't have much free time ... and I've actually enjoyed watching some non-Cowboys games this weekend.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Rockbottom was the moment that contract was agreed to and announced.

These next 5 seasons will be just like the last 8. A bunch of front-running vs bad teams and embarrassing ourselves vs the good teams.

Its Rockbottom because not only do we have a bad QB, we are committed to him due to that contract

ArtClink

Reaction score

IMO, as long as Jerry continues to call the shots we are at rock bottom because it’s obvious he can’t build a deep playoff run roster. Jerry in charge, or any other Jones remains our worst nightmare.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The feeling of disgust for me reached it’s fever pitch during the GB playoff debacle in Jan.

That disgust was heightened to what it wad because there have been years of playoff futility and frustration leading up to that horror show.

Since the GB loss— this franchise has made all the wrong moves. Disgust has turned into morbid resignation as we watch Jerry literally drive this train off a cliff and the feeling of helplessness and hopelessness that anything will be done to right what is wrong is overwhelming.

This franchise is a dumpster fire and we are a laughingstock and the butt of the joke on national TV. And all our “leaders” do is make excuses, duck blame, avoid accountability, and gas light the fan base.

There has never been a worse time to be a Cowboys fan. And that includes the 89 season. At least there was hope that we can only get better from there lol

Right now— we are staring at 4 more years of Dak at QB and his deteriorating skillset.

Good times

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
My guess is there are numerous players on the team who have already tossed in the towel. You can see it with the lack of effort. Many of the players know this is their last year in Dallas, the coaching staff knows it, there is no sense of urgency to win. The goal is to preserve your body.

Dak and Lamb deserve the NFL purgatory they so stubbornly dug in to sign up for. Parsons, I think, will move on and not agree to sign with Dallas.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
This ain't rock bottom. The Titans and Panthers are rock bottom.

We are, once again, mediocre. And that is alot worse.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The definition of rockbottom is being at your lowest and only one way to go, which is up. This team unfortunately will continue to struggle, kick and crawl to try to just remain relevant. Only to take on the Charlie Brown role and fail flat on their backs, or faces. Jerry has made certain of that, being mocked, ridiculed, embarrassed and laughed at. To get better, first you have to admit you have a problem…. Jerry refuses to do so.

Enjoy the circus, because that’s what this is. Lots of laughs.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Rock bottom is wasting your money on your underachieving QB to a 240 million dollar deal and having piss poor coaching and GM and a terrible culture and no end in sight!