theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3060524 said:
you're just assuming that he's targeted less because he has great coverage

when in fact, Hamlin is always in a deep zone

he doesn't cover anyone, but an area

and he's always late
This is precisely your problem. People like you see the guy run onto the screen late and assume he gave up the play or made a mistake. But most often that's not the case.

And by the way, every free safety in the leagues play zone coverage for the vast majority of their snaps.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3060525 said:
This is precisely your problem. People like you see the guy run onto the screen late and assume he gave up the play or made a mistake. But most often that's not the case.

And by the way, every free safety in the leagues plays zone coverage for the vast majority of their snaps.

and many manage to put themselves in a position to make a play

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;3060384 said:
You can deny that he isn't targeted much, but the stats are right here.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posi...e=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=50&numgames=1

He's getting targeted about once a game. Almost every other starting safety gets targeted more often. Can you name more than two big pass plays he's given up this year?

Shouldn't be too hard since he's the "worst regular starter" on the team.

Can you name any plays he has MADE and see how many easy tackels he's missed?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;3060538 said:
Can you name any plays he has MADE and see how many easy tackels he's missed?
I can tell you with absolute certainty that in the vast vast majority of plays he does his job correctly. And that makes him one of the best in the league.

The Realist

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2009/10/jerry-jones-concerns.html

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The Realist;3060566 said:
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2009/10/jerry-jones-concerns.html
He says that he wants more "plays" from his safeties, meaning more INTs.

Everyone loves the flashy stats, particularly Jerry. Sacks and INTs. But they don't tell you much about how a player is doing. They're just for the non-football types.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3060545 said:
I can tell you with absolute certainty that in the vast vast majority of plays he does his job correctly. And that makes him one of the best in the league.

No that just makes him average at best. I don't see how you can see the BS job he does and considet him a premire safety. Also the stata you're so high on I'm going to assume aren't from this year. Because those stats come out at the end of the seadon. If we think about who was oppositr him these past 2 years then its obvious why he wasn't targeted. RW and then a different safety each week it seemed like. So don't act as if he's some type of starbat his position. Dude has no impact on the field and the only reason why his sorry play didn't get called out sooner is because RW took a vast majority of the heat. Top players come up with plays that effect the outcome of games. Ken Hamlin is a bum getting by loke a lot of guys on defense Bradie James is a prime example.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Ot(unless Free can show he can do the job)
c/g
S
DE
ILB.
CB

notice no receivers because i dont think we are drafting any receivers(again) unless one great prospect falls into our laps.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
reddyuta;3060741 said:
Ot(unless Free can show he can do the job)
c/g
S
DE
ILB.
CB

notice no receivers because i dont think we are drafting any receivers(again) unless one great prospect falls into our laps.

Here's my theory on WR, look it just does not seem to be Dallas's draft stratagy to use a premium pick on a WR. They believe too many WR are busts to draft them high. Hence all the FA and low draft picks.
I believe that eventually the law of averages means you HAVE to take one high at some point. We cannot keep hopeing all our free agent receivers will work out, and we can't keep buying or tradeing for established receivers.

If we can spend a whole draft on ST and potential for a few years down the road - why can we not do the same for one WR ? Just one ?
Common Jerry, that's what you pay your scouts to do !
Needless to say, I would like to see us take a WR pretty high, and start to groom him behind our current crop !

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3060591 said:
No that just makes him average at best. I don't see how you can see the BS job he does and considet him a premire safety. Also the stata you're so high on I'm going to assume aren't from this year. Because those stats come out at the end of the seadon. If we think about who was oppositr him these past 2 years then its obvious why he wasn't targeted. RW and then a different safety each week it seemed like. So don't act as if he's some type of starbat his position. Dude has no impact on the field and the only reason why his sorry play didn't get called out sooner is because RW took a vast majority of the heat. Top players come up with plays that effect the outcome of games. Ken Hamlin is a bum getting by loke a lot of guys on defense Bradie James is a prime example.

Wrong

it says season 2009

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
UnoDallas;3060771 said:
Wrong

it says season 2009

Ah I see I never clicked the link since the stats normally come from the season before. But I'm not really sure what he's trying to prove with that link.

kowboyMarlon

Reaction score
The biggest area of need is OLB. We need an impact player oposite of ware. I do like victor Butler, But I think if we added a day 1 pick at OLB to compete with Butler, and Spencer then the player that emerges from that talented trio will certainly be an impact player. Spencer doesn't offer enough pass rush to be an impact player. He is a good player in other areas other than consistantly rushing the passer.

The Next area is OG. we need to draft the replacement for Kosier. Kosier is playing well, but we need to get younger up front. plus it will cost alot more to resign kosier than to draft a talented player. I think Kosier's contract is up after the 2010 season. So the Draftee can spend 1 year as a backup before being inserted into the lineup.

Finnally ILB. I would like to Find the replacement for Brooking. Like Kosier he is playing well, But I think the team should also make it a priority every year to draft players in positions were the starter is over 30 years old or more.

We do have some possibilies already on the roster to fill these spots. Victor Butler certainly has a chance. I dont know if he's big enough to be anything more than a nickle pass rusher.

I am very excited to see Brewster at OG hopefully later in the year. We need to see if he can play. If he's not the answer we need to find out asap.

Late in the draft, we need a WR with explosive KR ability. our top two Kick off returners are now featured players in the offense. We won't be using Miles Austin or Felix as Full Time KR in the future because of their value as regular positional players. Plus the draftee can be the #5 WR. Ogletree will move up to #4, he looks like the next Patrick Crayton to me. Hurd will be gone.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
WarC;3073984 said:
O-line and linebacking corps.

we can rid ourselves of Procter - Holland - Preston - Mcq

so your going O line when we got Bright an Brewster signed

I think we a LT an C/G

but Dline Bowen - Spears - Hatcher -Siavii are all free agents