What is the dumbest/worst song of all time IYO?

rkell87

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3460125 said:
I think rap is dumb/annoying it bores me and serves no purpose really. Except for Eminem, he makes some sense. and that is like the most popular rap song right?
what is? lollipop? maybe like 2 years ago

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Faerluna;3460347 said:
Surely you jest...

WoodysGirl;3460391 said:
Consider the source..

:hammer:

To think someone could pretty much make the claim that all Aretha Franklin and Diana Ross's work is garbage is pretty interesting.

But as stated, consider the source.

Btw, does Romo 2 Austin like anything that is "different"?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3460441 said:

To think someone could pretty much make the claim that all Aretha Franklin and Diana Ross's work is garbage is pretty interesting.

He likes his self....possibly :laugh2:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3460441 said:

I like Rock and Metal music. & The Devil went down to Georgia is the GSOAT without a shadow of a doubt.

I hate pop, techno and that bull****

rkell87

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3460467 said:
I like Rock and Metal music. & The Devil went down to Georgia is the GSOAT without a shadow of a doubt.
ugh im not confident in the generation behind mine and alot has to do with your posts

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
rkell87;3460469 said:
ugh im not confident in the generation behind mine and alot has to do with your posts

cause I don't like rap? I don't like overhyped players? :rolleyes:

rkell87

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3460471 said:
cause I don't like rap? I don't like overhyped players? :rolleyes:
because of your narrow mindedness and definitive statements that are often ridiculous and uninformed and unwillingness to listen to more knowledgeable and more informed people on any subject ever...but mostly i was joking about you saying devil/georgia is goat.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Oh, it is a sin to have Aretha Franklin in a list like this. She may be heavy, but that woman has one of the most beautiful voices of all time. I love her music and that one is a great song.

I am almost sad to see her in this thread.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
rkell87;3460485 said:
because of your narrow mindedness and definitive statements that are often ridiculous and uninformed and unwillingness to listen to more knowledgeable and more informed people on any subject ever...but mostly i was joking about you saying devil/georgia is goat.
There very informed, and what would you say is the GOAT song then?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Hostile;3460571 said:
Oh, it is a sin to have Aretha Franklin in a list like this. She may be heavy, but that woman has one of the most beautiful voices of all time. I love her music and that one is a great song.

I am almost sad to see her in this thread.

It is pretty ridiculous, but in this Country even the really (really, really, really) bad opinions are protected under the Constitution. Aretha is one of the best to ever sing.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
nyc;3460764 said:
I'm not a big rap fan, but sometimes there is some pretty good stuff that comes out that I can listen too. What I hate though is when artist bend pronunciations around to make them rhyme. For instance Kanye West's Stronger song.

The roots of rap are rhyming rhythms and the creativity and talent required to find those mixtures that fit well together. IMO, Kanye completely gutted the entire foundation of what the music style's heritage was based on with his laughable use of mangled pronunciation.

Now, granted the song ended up being a huge hit. It is just my opinion that the vocal portion of the song was a cheap half-***** knock-off that completely disrespected the roots that that type of music belongs too.

Of course it's only my opinion and doesn't matter to anyone except to me. I think that Him&Him's new album is a cheap knock-off "rinse and repeat" of his work that made him so wildly popular except that I think the new stuff sucks the sweat off a dead man's nuts. (to use a quote from Good Morning Vietnam)

There is a very big difference between hip-hop and rap that I don't feel like getting in to right now, but I'm disappointed in what Kanye West has become especially after how much promise he showed with his first album.

If it's any indication of how I like my rhymes, my favorite artists are guys like Common, Mos Def, De La Soul, Black Moon, and others. People that put a little bit of thought into what they write.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
casmith07;3460778 said:
There is a very big difference between hip-hop and rap that I don't feel like getting in to right now, but I'm disappointed in what Kanye West has become especially after how much promise he showed with his first album.

I feel the same way about JayZ. Personally, I think their enormous ego made them lazy.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
nyc;3460783 said:
I feel the same way about JayZ. Personally, I think their enormous ego made them lazy.

I've challenged friends to try and find for me where Jay-Z really surpassed everyone else as the "greatest." I think the reason is that he was the only one not making dumb songs when there was a huge lull in good music.

Well except for Nas, but he's always been underrated.

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3460726 said:
what would you say is the GOAT song then?

William Hung's "Hotel California"
[youtube]07HeZw7Mlx8[/youtube]

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
casmith07;3460778 said:

If it's any indication of how I like my rhymes, my favorite artists are guys like Common, Mos Def, De La Soul, Black Moon, and others. People that put a little bit of thought into what they write.
Great choices of hip-hop artists, btw. I have them all in rotation on my iPod as well as KRS-One, Rakim, Biggie, Wu-Tang, Nas & The Roots (just a small sampling)! As for Kanye, his first two albums were great and his "experimenting" w/ different styles/sounds infiltrated his Graduation album to the point I could only listen to some of the songs. After that he lost me. It's a shame because he was one of the most talented producers and a surprisingly witty & insightful rhymer b4 he changed his game up.

nyc;3460783 said:
Jay has fell off a bit, but his last album was better than the last two he has put out IMO. He'll never be able to duplicate Reasonable Doubt or The Blueprint but he's still better than alot of these rappers you hear today...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Folks just need to calm down a bit.

First, just because a person is white and doesn't like rap, doesn't mean they are racists. Not sure if that claim has been made in here, I just wanted to put that out there.

Second, rap may be a lot of things but it definitely isn't about "rape". Honestly, this is the very first time I have ever heard that claim made about rap.

Personally, I don't even listen to rap anymore, mainly because it's just not that good anymore and with the help of somebody I cannot mention, I am working on trying to stop cursing completely and listening to rap and other forms of music is counter-intuitive to that goal.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Second, rap may be a lot of things but it definitely isn't about "rape". Honestly, this is the very first time I have ever heard that claim made about rap.

That was a truly idiotic statement from the OP. Every form of music delves into pretty much any and every aspect of society (good & bad) but to claim any genre preaches only about a specific topic is asinine, IMO.