What is the first thing you would do if you got $100 million?

Bigdog

Reaction score
Reminds of that song If I had a Million Dollars- I’ll be rich.

jsb357

Reaction score
If I had a nickel for every time I heard the OP's question, I'd have a handful of nickels.

:dance:

Londonboy

Reaction score
I would figure out a way to buy all the rights to 1999 so I never had to hear this phrase again. :laugh:
a13796ff0fa1475c86be0e20996d1f05.jpg

I guess this won't be on Your shopping list then.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No brainer: Fly straight to Vegas and put it all in on the 'Boys winning the SB.

j/k

I'd insta-retire from the USAF, sell the current home and move into something a little bigger but with at least 5+ acres of land, buy a couple of nice (but reasonable) vehicles, put a majority of it in savings, invest some of it, and then diversify the rest into some type of commodity/land/business that won't sink me if the economy collapses (<---my biggest long-term concern). Maybe some 'prepping', too.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tithe ten percent.

After taxes.
lol. Just realized I lied.

"My" money is "our" money. The first thing I would do is split the winnings with my wife 50/50, then tithe ten percent AFTER taxes.

Maybe admitting that will improve my chances of winning Powerball tomorrow. :D:(

Sammy

Reaction score
lol. Just realized I lied.

"My" money is "our" money. The first thing I would do is split the winnings with my wife 50/50, then tithe ten percent AFTER taxes.

Maybe admitting that will improve my chances of winning Powerball tomorrow. :D:(

I hope your wife isn't reading this forum and realizes that it took you more than a week to decide to share. :oldcouple:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, I may just blow most of it on this place right here. :lmao2: Oh man, I saw this video and fell in love. I've always thought I would never be the type to have or feel the need to live in an over-the-top mansion, but, I could settle here.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Quit my job. Pay off my car. Sign up for the Queen Mary 2 world cruise. Hire an accountant for good financial advice and invest.

And to every golddigger who suddenly comes out of the woodworks who "loves" me, flip her the bird!

quickccc

Reaction score
I had a conversation with a lawyer I knew and he said this:

1. Continue to go to work business as usual but create some excuses that give people hints that you might be leaving by going to job interviews, doctor, taking care of family, etc.
2. Reality is you are working out how to claim the ticket (either having a law firm represent you or your own business)
3. While you are completing the second step, wait until someone else wins and claim a different jackpot that is popular(assuming this happens before the ticket expire). This is so the media covers that ticket winning instead of yours.
4. Claim ticket assuming you completed step 2.
5. This part is tricky. Because you won so much money, you are under investigation and they run background checks making sure it was you that purchased the ticket, if you don't owe any back taxes, child support, alimony whatever because they will get that part. However, they will give you some of the winnings during this time which can take up to a couple of weeks. This is where rule number 2 comes in because the law firm may actually have those funds cleared up quicker than you with your bank. That small portion will cover the law fees.
6. Give two week notice after you received the small portion of winnings and the state is done with the investigation. This gives you a chance to rescind it if the wire is taking a while.
7. Leave once the wire went thru but if it happened after the two week notice, doesn't hurt to volunteer your time for your replacement for a couple of days because you will still need some income while you are waiting for your prize.

Follow these steps could take 4-8 months to leave job because the state(s) need to collect that much amount of money and how you will receive the money. If you skip 3, reduce the timetable by a month or two. I would guess that you will get the money quicker if you have the winnings received annually than lump.

I wasn't certain in what way would I be acquiring this 100 million.
- Is it heritance by will ? .
- is it a lottery winning ticket winner ? ..
- or do I hit an oil pond and come out of this Jed Clampett 2.0 ? lol

I guess to each his own and some may choose templates and what to do sites or legal and financial representatives but or one i know the number one high prioriety if
i hit the jackpot lottery is ....(drum roll please)

1) SIGN THE BACK OF YOUR LOTTERY WINNING TICKET.
i cannot begin to tell you how vital that is.
it's prove to lotto commission when you turn it in and they have to verify your own signature at the office;
some clerk stole a lotto winner's ticket by lying to him by telling the ticket holder he did not win anything but yet the clerk held the winning ticket and took it to lotto office himself to claim it - and jettison it to India .. it became a huge legal and lawsuit battle.

2) hire a legal group between an tax attorney and financial advisor - they'll best direct you with taxes , tax bracket, earned interest, taxable income, tax breaks,etc. and be careful and well advised
in what you need to pay in hiring legal help. do research and ask free consulation advice - as set what you want to pay out to an attorney, particularly an agreement by the hour rate.
A financial advisor can help set a spending budget for yourself as well as the best options for future, safest investment such as non taxable stocks and trust funds.

3) And in some states -should this be a lottery ticket winner jackpot, it is a state commission rule that you have to submit to their guide lines rules and REVEAL personal information such as your full name, the city and state you live in - The name of prize which you won it from,… the full amount that you won,.. the option payout (cash option or 25 annual payments) . . as soon as you sign that winning ticket and contact/talk with your tax attorney legal team, you 'll find if there is a
legal way out of that. There's been some legal court cases challenging state lotto rules for privacy concealment.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Quit my job. Hire a band to play "you can take this job and shove it"...

I'd get a cabin by a stream close to the Canadian Rockies and as far away from society as possible. I'd get a Jeep Wrangler loaded for some off-roading and Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk loaded. I'd donate a bunch of cash to animal shelters and homeless shelters...

I'd adopt a few dogs.