What is the main difference between the explosiveness

Woods

Reaction score
of the Cowboys offense this year versus the Pats' "unstoppable" offense (thus far, at least)?

Is it that the Pats basically have one additional "accomplished" WR?

When I look at the running game, I prefer ours.

As for TEs, I'll take our group.

OL? Both have done an outstanding job thus far this season.

QB? Brady is having an exceptional season. But Romo is doing very, very well.

OCs? Garrett is calling very good game plans all in all.

Is the difference than Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney versus TO, Crayton, Hurd, and Austin? I'd guess so.

OK, let's assume we DO get Glenn back in the next week or two. And I'll also assume that Glenn will probably be a role player. Maybe 25-35% of the snaps on offense . . . .

Does this potentially take our offense to yet another level?

So, then it's Pats' Moss, Welker, Stallworth, and Gaffney versus TO, Crrayton, Glenn, and Hurd.

It seems much more even now, no? Plus, we probably have the better running game and the better group of TEs.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
The main difference in my eyes is that the Cheats start faster (although we are doing much better lately than we did in the 1st 5 or 6 games) and stay more consistent throughout the game.

Hurd and Newman both said on "Inside the Huddle" that the Cowboys haven't even come close to playing their best game yet. Hopefully they do that all through the playoffs and just demolish the Cheats in the SB. Although I'd even settle for a one point victory on a last minute 55 yard Nick Folk FG.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I think the difference is the Pats don't seem to stall themselves out as often as we do.

Brady rarely throws picks... at least this year. Their WRs are pretty secure with the ball. They don't commit dumb penalties. They don't get called for holding very often..

I think man for man we can hang with any offense. We just need to clean it up.

Woods

Reaction score
LeonDixson;1804489 said:
The main difference in my eyes is that the Cheats start faster (although we are doing much better lately than we did in the 1st 5 or 6 games) and stay more consistent throughout the game.

Hurd and Newman both said on "Inside the Huddle" that the Cowboys haven't even come close to playing their best game yet. Hopefully they do that all through the playoffs and just demolish the Cheats in the SB. Although I'd even settle for a one point victory on a last minute 55 yard Nick Folk FG.

I just wonder if the Pats lack of a consistent running game will catch up with them in winter?

It sort of reminds me of Dan Fouts running the Air Coryall offense back in the day. And then losing to Cinn Bengals in the playoffs in absolutely freezing weather.

That said, Brady is used to playing in that weather. But if it's snowing like crazy, field conditions are poor, etc., I can't believe that you can be overly reliant on the pass against a top opponent and not be upset.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Woods;1804497 said:
I just wonder if the Pats lack of a consistent running game will catch up with them in winter?

It sort of reminds me of Dan Fouts running the Air Coryall offense back in the day. And then losing to Cinn Bengals in the playoffs in absolutely freezing weather.

That said, Brady is used to playing in that weather. But if it's snowing like crazy, field conditions are poor, etc., I can't believe that you can be overly reliant on the pass against a top opponent and not be upset.
Thats a good point. I have to think Brady would be okay but I don't know about his receivers. We definitely have a better running game. Expecially if we can keep our defense off the field so they can stop the run in the 4th quarter. Of course it's not a concern for the SB.

I forgot to mention one of the biggest differences of all. The fricking referees give them every break in the book too. The only games I didn't see that happen were against the Colts and Philly and they were both very close games. Yes I'm bitter.

Murph80

Reaction score
The difference is the familiarty with there offense. They have been running it for years. Our Cowboys have a new OC and system. The boys will look like this years pats and probably better over the next few years. Hopefully Garrett sticks around awhile.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Murph80;1804502 said:
The difference is the familiarty with there offense. They have been running it for years. Our Cowboys have a new OC and system. The boys will look like this years pats and probably better over the next few years. Hopefully Garrett sticks around awhile.

All three of their WR's are new to the system.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Woods;1804497 said:

You have to believe bad weather heavily favors the Patriots, since I don't see anybody besides Indianapolis playing them for the AFC Championship, and I don't see anybody beating NE to get to the Championship game. The Colts are a domed stadium team, and that will be their downfall.

But, weather will not favor NE in the Super Bowl, and if the lid is lifted in Glendale, and the weather is warm, it could help the Cowboys if they are the NFC rep.

dogberry

Reaction score
Can we leave the lid on and turn up the heat in the SuperBowl?

thekavorka

Reaction score
they execute better - not many penalties, turnovers, a lot of easy 3rd downs

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
If they have any more games like they played against the Eagles, people will start to say that we're pretty much equal.

IMO the difference is Wes Welker. He's so deadly and so reliable on 3rd down. But if we got Terry back, I think you could call it pretty much a push.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
To me it is consistency, the Pats dont shoot themelves in the foot over and over and Brady is a bit more accurate then Romo.

To me the drive that Dallas had with 3 minutes left in the half was pretty key to the Pack getting back in the game. We were at mid field on that drive, TO drops a pass and Romo misses a wide open Witten twice. Dallas punts and GB scores before half. If Dallas scores there it is 34-10 instead of 27-17 at half. Even if they dont score they kill some more clock and GB doesnt get the TD its 27-10.

My point being Dallas had them against the ropes and opportunities to strike but they didnt execute. NE is executing in those situations.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Doomsday;1804837 said:
To me it is consistency, the Pats dont shoot themelves in the foot over and over and Brady is a bit more accurate then Romo.

To me the drive that Dallas had with 3 minutes left in the half was pretty key to the Pack getting back in the game. We were at mid field on that drive, TO drops a pass and Romo misses a wide open Witten twice. Dallas punts and GB scores before half. If Dallas scores there it is 34-10 instead of 27-17 at half. Even if they dont score they kill some more clock and GB doesnt get the TD its 27-10.

My point being Dallas had them against the ropes and opportunities to strike but they didnt execute. NE is executing in those situations.

I agree.
Dallas leave too many points on the field from carelessness and lacking killer instinct to the degree the Pats have it.
I have always loved Wade, and his dad too, but I think will Wade will prove to be too nice of a guy to get this team to a victory in the SB. I think he gets them there this year but a team the caliber of the Pats can magnify and exploit every little mistake you make and then start to snowball things against you.
Now, if a Moss or Welker goes down then the Pats become beatable by Dallas, Indy, and maybe JAX or Pitts.
I like Dallas' chances against anybody in the SB except a healthy Pats firing on all cyclinders. I really think this year's edition of the 'Boys will show up, play a complete game, and put a beating on anyone but NE in the SB.
And I have to qualify this with the assumption that Dallas stays healthy from here on out.

dallasfan

Reaction score
what's the difference?

In the past favor
Brady > Romo - about the difference between a great player and a really good one
Moss > TO - but it's close
Stallworth > Crayton - another close one
Welker > Hurd - by about a mile
Their o-line in pass blocking > our o-line in pass blocking - we're playing well, they're playing great

In our favor
Witten > Watson - about as close as Stallworth/Crayton
Our o-line run blocking > their o-line run blocking - both are playing well, I'd give us a slight edge.

Push
Barber/Jones = Marooney/Faulk

Woods

Reaction score
Doomsday;1804837 said:

Yes, this is a really good point.

We need to keep improving our execution.

Well, Belicheck is a perfectionist, and I think you see the Pats try to emulate that on the field as well.

Woods

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1804827 said:
If they have any more games like they played against the Eagles, people will start to say that we're pretty much equal.

IMO the difference is Wes Welker. He's so deadly and so reliable on 3rd down. But if we got Terry back, I think you could call it pretty much a push.

Welker is absolutely deadly. Does he ever drop passes?

I agree about Glenn, but I'd like to see Glenn make it on to the field at least 2-3 weeks before the playoffs start. He needs to get this timing down with this offense. It will take at least a couple weeks to knock the rust off as well.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
peplaw06;1804495 said:
I think the difference is the Pats don't seem to stall themselves out as often as we do.

Brady rarely throws picks... at least this year. Their WRs are pretty secure with the ball. They don't commit dumb penalties. They don't get called for holding very often..

I think man for man we can hang with any offense. We just need to clean it up.

Exactly, the Pats are a tighter O but not by much.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
LeonDixson;1804489 said:
The main difference in my eyes is that the Cheats start faster

Romo... Attempts 1-Through-10... 78.3 Rating.

Brady... Attempts 1-Through-10... 123.9 Rating.

Ow.

Woods

Reaction score
smarta5150;1805096 said:
Romo... Attempts 1-Through-10... 78.3 Rating.

Brady... Attempts 1-Through-10... 123.9 Rating.

Ow.

That's interesting . . . . . Pretty amazing how strong Brady starts. No wonder teams playing against the Pats are behind them on the scoreboard fairly quickly.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
they flat out don't need a running game. their offense is much better i think. we don't really know how good their running game is. they never run.