What is the plan going forward

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Knowing the Cowboys' tendencies, I'd say their first round short list is probably

-Kinlaw (a 30 and 32 yo DT won't stop them from getting a guy they like)

-Henderson

-Chaisson

If they go front seven in the first round, they'll pry go DB in the second, and vica versa. I don't see them panicking after Frederick's retirement with Looney and McGovern both in the mix - McGovern effectively is your rookie center.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
I don't know that they are looking to add more age to the DL, and I dont know that I disagree.

Both Griff and the team should probably wait until after the draft, but I still dont know that they are looking at him.

I'm thinking they are planning to have Crawford around and expect more out of Jackson.

Gregory coming back is kind of understood.

If you get someone like Chiasson in the first Griffin isnt coming here for sure.

garyv

Reaction score
So our needs just increased by needing a C. figuring in that Poe is signed I believe our greatest needs are now;

1) RDE Hopefully Griffen on a 2 or 3 yr deal. No rookie is going to come in and have an impact
2) CB We need a guy to replace Byron plus we have 2 CB that will be FA next year. Draft at 17
3) S I would draft a S both starters this year are FA also next year. Draft and groom
4) C I dont know how deep this draft is or if we are content with Looney
5) LB Draft LVE hope he is healthy, Lee is on his last year. Need to fid his replacement.
6) WR Daft best possible slot guy we can.
7) LT I wouldnt be surprised if Tyron goes the Frederick route next year if his injuries continue.
8) TE Need another one with Jarwin. No one behind him to take his place receiving if he goes down
9) DT Need to draft the future at this position.

A large task in front of us that will be almost impossible to do in one year. We only have so many draft picks and you never hit on all of them. I believe if Looney could hold the line we need a DE such as Griffen and hope we hit on first 4 rounds with
1 CB (Henderson)
2 S (Winfield) (dugger) (Chin)
3 DT (Fotu)
4 WR (Proche)
Getting a guy like Griffen frees us up to have a nice draft if it fell this way.

Superbowl

cnuball21

Reaction score
So our needs just increased by needing a C. figuring in that Poe is signed I believe our greatest needs are now;

1) RDE Hopefully Griffen on a 2 or 3 yr deal. No rookie is going to come in and have an impact
2) CB We need a guy to replace Byron plus we have 2 CB that will be FA next year. Draft at 17
3) S I would draft a S both starters this year are FA also next year. Draft and groom
5) LB Draft LVE hope he is healthy, Lee is on his last year. Need to fid his replacement.
7) LT I wouldnt be surprised if Tyron goes the Frederick route next year if his injuries continue.
8) TE Need another one with Jarwin. No one behind him to take his place receiving if he goes down

A large task in front of us that will be almost impossible to do in one year. We only have so many draft picks and you never hit on all of them. I believe if Looney could hold the line we need a DE such as Griffen and hope we hit on first 4 rounds with
1 CB (Henderson)
3 DT (Fotu)
4 WR (Proche)
Getting a guy like Griffen frees us up to have a nice draft if it fell this way.

Getting a DE and CB1 are the biggest immediate needs IMO. I think we’ve gotten a little better at DT which should help with pressure if we can’t sign someone like Griffen, but we don’t have a CB on the roster that can compete with a WR1 IMO.

Losing Frederick sucks, but I think McGovern can be a solid C for us.

Beaker42

Reaction score

1 CB (Henderson)
3 DT (Fotu)
4 WR (Proche)
IMO, assuming we get RG back, CB is need number 1 - Henderson can replace Byron pretty well. Then LB. Don’t trust either of our two young guys to return to form.